The Priorities of Life

The Priorities of Life

Are We As Humans In The Right Mindset?

82
The Priorities of Life
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iEL2FgSh40E/T2rDW3Rgx3I/AAAAAAAADU0/m0AZeB3tGOk/s1600/BetterLifeLogoHighRes.jpg

As we grow up or have even aged through our life, we are told there are certain things we should do or value. I watched a video about "The Lollipop Effect," it's a TEDTalk and it is amazing. Sometimes we forget just the impact we as people can have. The simple gestures can change or effect a person for life. I had one myself at Kansas State University. When I was a freshman I was at orientation, scared out of my mind imagining how terrifying college was going to be. Another student approched me and started asking me about myself and we really hit it off. Now I don't remember him very well, but without him I wouldn't have known that this school was for me. In life we are so focused on jobs and making money and all these things we give our life to. I think we need to spend more time focusing on the people around us. Do you ever notice when you are your happiest? That's right, when you are surronded by people you love. This was even proven in a Harvard Study that people who focused more on relationships of all kinds, lived a longer and better life. There are a lot of people that we easily think we know, and yet our relationship isn't strong enough to know all that. I've learned more about my friends by making them a priority in my life.

Life is a very fast and confusing thing, we still have so many questions and are all in the same boat. Why not take the time in life to focus on the things that make you happy. Let me emphasize that point. Nobody knows your life better then you know yourself and don't let people tell you otherwise. If you really are passionate about something don't let people hold you back. This is your life and nobody elseis getting to live it, so don't let people tell you your choices are wrong. Do the big things, take risk, and don't let failure set you back.

Failure is one of the greatest things we can have in life in my opinion. We always think so negatively about it, but without failure we would never learn to better ourselves. We need to be able to see that once we set our minds to something that we truly are capable of crazy things. Don't let people affect you either, there will always be people there trying to tear you down, but let those people push you to be the best you can be. I think we as people should focus on life and living it the way we want and not how others think we should and then we can all find a little more happiness.