I've probably been a fan of The Princess Bride since I was around 13 years old. It has everything a young girl could dream of: romance, adventure, revenge plots, and a fire swamp! (You know where I'll be for spring break). I loved this movie so much I eventually watched it when it aired in a local movie theater.

By the way, 1,000/10 best experience ever. Now, for the countless times I've watched this cinematic masterpiece, here are 14 of the lessons I've been able to take away.

1. Always say “please"

It doesn't hurt you to be polite.

2. Money matters

We are ruled by the concept of exchange.

3. And so do first impressions

Especially if you are engaging in a duel to the death. (Or a duel that results in you passing out.)

4. Life is pain

Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.

5. True love doesn't happen every day

So when you have it, cherish it.

6. Life's short, talk fast

The original “TLDR," given to us by Inigo Montoya.

7. If someone is being dishonest, call 'em out

“Honesty is the best policy," is the mantra Miracle Max's wife most strongly adheres to.

8. Always assume everything is a trap

It could save your life someday.

9. Not everyone knows what they want to do for the rest of their life

That includes vengeful swordsmen.

10. Believe in miracles

Especially in the name of true love.

11. Go into every situation prepared

If you do that, then Rodents of Unusual Size and any other surprises life might throw your way can be dealt with accordingly.

12. Don't be afraid to learn from your mistakes

Sometimes, you are going to be wrong. And you just have to admit defeat and roll with the punches.

13. Sometimes you just have to wait

All good things will come in time.

14. There's more than one way to say “I love you"

So you just have to find yours.

Basically, a huge thank you to William Goldman for providing us with an abridged version of Morgenstern's original tale which was easily adaptable for film. You a real one.