Disney Changing Splash Mountain and Gives Princess Tiana Her Own Ride In The Park

Tiana is finally getting the recognition she deserves.

8
https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/splash-mountain-redo-disney-embraces-princess-frog-theme

In the midst of companies trying to right their wrongs, Disney has been working on diversity and inclusion in their own company for years. They have donated millions to black organizations and stand in solidarity with the black community. They took it a step forward with one of their classic rides.

Disney's Taking Action In The BLM Movement! www.youtube.com

if you did not know, Splash Mountain was based off of the film Song of The South. It is notoriusly known for it's ties to glorifying the times of slavery. Disney had been developing a plan to change the ride to a new film design. People have given suggestions to Star Wars, Pinochio, Coco, even a Disney channel show. But last month Disneyworld decided to change the ride's look to that of Princess and the Frog. Eleven years after the movie was released, Tiana is finally having a place in Magic Kingdom.

Of course Disney fans are in their feelings because of the memories of the previous ride. The coaster will still be the same, it will just be modeled to display scenes from the movie. Imagine going up the to the drop and hearing "Friends on the other Side", singing "Almost There" to at the beginning entrance, the dancing frogs as you roll through in the moat. And let's be honest, Tiana is that one princess that's forgotten about. She was introduced to us when we were leaving our "I want to be a princess" phase but still got love for Disney. Tiana doesn't get the love she deserves but now she finally gets the shine she deserves.

These are the first of many changes coming to Disney Parks and other parts of the company that is set to happen in the next couple of years. Giving the recognition to black characters says a lot to young black children to see people who look like them be recognized.