Primavera Sound is the Place to be

Primavera Sound is the place to be

They don't just offer line-ups, they show you Barcelona and distribute a variety of continuity of various locations to share music lovers and the community.

22

Primavera Sound has established itself as one of the best music festivals in the world. Set in Barcelona, Spain, it holds several characteristics that make thousands of people to attend every year.

First off, it's in Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia and second largest city in Spain. The festival is in Parc del Forum, which is on the Spanish coast and Barcelona has beautiful weather to go with it (72 F or 22 C in average).

Lastly, Primavera Sound is known for its variety of music artists they put in for a four-day lineup. A catalogue of various sounds that everyone can enjoy, including the multiple locations of various acts in the city as well like the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona.

CCCBChristopher Kilkenny

According to Primavera Sound's press, over 60,000 people per day attended at Parc del Forum with Saturday individual tickets were sold out. The total numbers accumulate up to 210,000 people from 126 countries, with the addition of attendees at the CCCB.

The festival ran from Wednesday May 30th – Sunday June 3rd. Wolf Parade and Belle and Sebastian launched the first day. Thursday would be recognizing as the actual fiesta of seeing the plethora of music Primavera offers. The mainstages Seat and Mango filled with Madrid's chick band Hinds, The War on Drugs, Chvrches, Bjork and Warpaint.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was by far one the best performance of the festival, with Cave electrifying the crowd with his charisma.

The BreedersChristopher Kilkenny

Each day had something for everyone. The next day The Breeders, Mogwai, The National, Father John Misty, Tyler the Creator, Haim and Ty Segall and the Freedom Band were the performers. The only unfortunate news of that day was Atlanta trap trio Migos missing their flight to Barcelona.

British grime rapper Skepta came in short notice and Spanish local band Los Planetas filled in Migos time slot. As much to hear Offseat, Quavo and Takeoff turn up the Seat stage, it did not disarm fans and attendees, due to how much Primavera offers.

Cigarettes After SexChristopher Kilkenny

Cigarette After Sex, Jorja Smith and Thundercat are a few acts that need to mention as underated performers.

The final day at Parc del Forum, headliners Car Seat Headrest, Lorde, A$AP Rocky and Arctic Monkeys revitalize the crowds. Beach House brought their dream pop magic at the Apple Music stage.

Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein (SURVIVE) performing music from Netflix's show Stranger Things, at the Auditori de Barcelona was a visual pleaser, drawing eerie synth-wave sounds early afternoon before the festival doors opened.

Jane Birkin sings with the Birkin Gainsbourg Symphonic behind her. The other gems like Slow Dive, Jay Som, Tom Misch, Deer Hunter, Oneohtrix Point Never, Lykki Li, The Blaze are part of the several few that performed beautifully if you weren't in the direction of the Seat and Mango stages.

Ty SegallChristopher Kilkenny

Dj Coco closed the festival, enclosing a 4:15 a.m. set for the remaining several thousand as the Spanish dawn arises.

Primavera Sound is an example of a festival to experience somewhere beyond common popularity in the United States. It showcases to have the apparition to travel and venture to something different and spectacular.

Primavera Sound has been taken place since 2001, over 17 years of success they've continue other launches like Primavera Pro and will make their next move to Porto, Portugal with NOS Primavera Sound.

To know more about Primavera Sound, checkout their website here.