Pride month, pride year
Politics

Love Is Clear During Pride Month But It Should Be Shown Year Round

Each of us deserves to be treated with kindness, acceptance, and respect, regardless of sexual orientation.

87

June was all about love and embracing yourself, regardless of sexuality or gender!

Now that it's July, it's become increasingly difficult to remember the warmth that was present for all people in June. Without a month specifically dedicated to openly accepting people, the welcoming vibe quickly fades to become a fragment of the not-so-distant past. It's impossible to forget the outpouring support for the LGBTQ+ community, but it's even tougher to remember how impacting the support of June once it's over.

The most beautiful part of pride month is the way it brings people together who never would have met otherwise! Pride allows all love to flourish, without the harsh judgment. Pride month shouldn't be limited to one month, but practiced year-round!

People should focus on looking at our similarities and celebrating our differences! We may look different on the outside, but we share the same skeleton, muscles, and anatomy. Each of us deserves to be treated with kindness, acceptance, and respect, regardless of sexual orientation.

Practice treating others the way you would want to be treated, with respect. You wouldn't want your loved ones to be treated disrespectfully based on their preferences or gender, so be a part of the change needed to bridge the gap.

There have been several times where I've witnessed a friend being treated disrespectfully due to being gay or transgender. This behavior is unacceptable.

We have a duty, as human beings, to work together against the factors that threaten to rip our harmony apart. To help our community make individuals feel comfortable in their own skin. To ensure safety, above all else, for the people who make up our society. Despite age, race, sexuality, and gender.

To overcome struggle is to face obstacles with courage. Understanding that stereotypes are not valid is essential in moving forward. Our country has come a long way with acceptance but still has a tremendous journey ahead to truly embracing change.

The courage LGBTQ+ people possess is immeasurable. They bravely face each day with the question of who might be unkind to them, for no reason.

We must work together to make this world a better place, for everyone that lives here. We have it in our power to be kind, to treat others with respect, no matter what time of year it is.

Drop any preconceived notions and be nice to others, even when you don't agree with their choices. Imagine how much easier life would be if everyone on the planet was loving and accepting. By allowing people to be comfortable, we open the door to endless possibilities for happiness and collaboration.

We create a place where children can grow up proud to be themselves and adults can live without fear of rejection.

The future is so bright because we are closer than ever to celebrating ourselves, gay, straight, bi-sexual, transgender, polyamorous, asexual, or whatever floats your boat!

The world would truly be a more beautiful place if we could walk with our colorful freak flags flying proudly year-round (as some people might say!)