Pride Won't Be Cancelled — It's Not An Event, It's A Feeling

Pride Isn't Canceled And It Never Will Be — It's Not Just An Event, It's A Feeling

It's way deeper than just a party.

775

June is Pride month. It's a time for the LGBTQ community to, well, be proud of who we are. It's a time to celebrate the people who came before us, and fought for us to have the rights we have today.

Traditionally, Pride month is celebrated by having massive parties, parades, and events. People show up to have fun, watch performances, and connect with the community. However, thanks to Miss Rona, we can't do that this year.

But that doesn't mean pride month has to be a bust.

Many Pride festivities are online this year, where several musical guests, like Katy Perry and Adam Lambert, are set to perform, and others, like SuperFruit, are set to host.

But even if you aren't watching those streams, and I don't blame you, those streams take forever and aren't always reliable, you can still celebrate pride.

Pride is a feeling.

Pride is about being proud of who you are, and not being afraid to show it. Pride is also about having fun and celebrating, no matter where you are.

I've been celebrating pride by rewatching "Drag Race," ordering food, and listening to Chromatica and Aly & AJ, in the comfort of my own home. And it's glorious.

So this Pride, don't feel bad about not being able to go to bars or parties. Just create your own in the safety of your own home.

Because we can't cancel Pride, and we never will.

From Your Site Articles