Quick Glance Back At 2017, A Month-By-Month Catch-Up

2017: the good and the bad
87

As we start on a new year, we must not forget everything 2017 brought to us. It has been QUITE a year. A lot of changes have been seen, both good and bad. I hope that 2018 brings more change and positivity to our precious and one-of-a-kind Earth.

January

3rd: Kim Kardashian West came back on social media, following a traumatic experience in Paris.

15th: The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus announce that their circus will be coming to an end May 2017. Finally justice for the animals that did not deserve that cruel life.

20th: The inauguration of a new president, which brought anger, confusion, and turmoil around the country for the months that followed.

21st: The Women's March - is there anything that really needs to be said? It was a powerful event..

27th: New president Trump signed first travel ban of the year. Many lawyers showed their compassion and stood up for these people, lending their help in airports around the country.

28th: Serena Williams won the Australian Open, while pregnant.

February

4th: NYC subway riders gather to remove hurtful graffiti and Nazi symbols from a subway car.

5th: Super Bowl Sunday, a great win for the New England Patriots.

26th: Viola Davis gave an empowering speech at the Oscars.

March

1st: "USA Today" released an article containing the birthdates of 31 influential women born in March in support of Women's History Month.

April

18th: Starbucks released the Unicorn Frappuccino with all of it's sparkly uniqueness.

19th: Bill O'Reilly was canned by 21st Century Fox amid sexual harassment allegations. Soon to be followed by at least 100 men.

May

22nd: 22 people were killed in a suicide attack during Ariana Grande's concert at Manchester Arena. The bomber injured an additional 59 people.

June

29th: The iPhone turned 10 years old.

July

10th: After 27 years Steve Whitmire will no longer be voicing Kermit the frog for the 'Muppets' as he was fired by Disney.

30th: Germany legalized gay marriage. Making a total of 23 countries to have legalized it.

August

17th: Category 4 Hurricane Harvey touched land.

24th: Taylor Swift releases the single 'Look What You Made Me Do', her first single since 2014.

26th: J.J. Watt launched a fund to raise money for Hurricane Harvey victims. (Ending with over 37 million dollars)

30th: Hurricane Irma appears off of the east coast.

September

3rd: Hurricane Harvey dissipated.

16th: Hurricane Irma dissipated.

October

5th: Harvey Weinstein was accused of decades of sexual misconduct "allegations".

13th: Was the first Friday the 13th in eleven years.

15th: The #MeToo movement was encouraged and spread all over the internet to raise awareness to sexual harassment.

November

3rd: Everyone began counted down a year till the next presidential election.

December

28th: Apple sends out apology to its customers for affected batteries and performance on iPhone 7 and later. Apple dropped $50 from their battery fee, taking place January-December 2018.