'PRETTYMUCH' Is A Modern Spin On What A Boyband Looks Like

PRETTYMUCH Is A Modern Spin On What A Boy Band Looks Like

Music that you can, and should, get behind.

84

Sure, we have other bands such as Why Don't We, In Real Life, and CNCO, but I feel like PRETTYMUCH should be recognized for more than a cookie-cutter boyband look - because that isn't what they look like at all.

PRETTYMUCH is riding its own wave and we all have been graced to be alive at the same time as them.

PRETTYMUCH came on the scene in 2016 under Simon Cowell's label Syco, under which he has bred many successful artists such as One Direction, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, and many more.

This group featured five boys - Austin Porter, Brandon Arreaga, Zion Kuwonu, Nick Mara, and Edwin Honoret - with no relation or resemblance at all to one another. Interestingly, they are not all white, and each has a different vocal range. They weren't from the UK either. Shocking.

PRETTYMUCH's members hail from different parts of the U.S. and Canada, coming together to create a sound that was unique and different from what we were hearing on pop radio.

With hits such as "Open Arms," "Blind," and "Phases," PRETTYMUCH's sound reminds me of an unrequited love that has yet to be fully established and unwilling to advance any further than the "talking" stage. But the thing about them is, they do it so well. It's hard not to dance to their music, or even cry to it.

My personal favorite is "Open Arms," which is so reminiscent of old-school R&B.; The a cappella at the beginning of the song really gives me that Boyz II Men vibe, which gets me all in my feels. I like to argue that it's their best song, but many will say otherwise.

That is what's also amazing about these boys. They have a different vibe of music with each song they drop, so there's always something for everyone's taste.

Feeling like 90's R&B;? Listen to "Would You Mind?" Wanna get out of your seat? "Listen to "Jello." Feel like chilling on your porch while eating a watermelon in the hot summer months? Stream "Summer On You."

Their latest project "Phases EP" dropped May 24th, and if this article convinced you anymore, I'd say go take a listen Also, listen to their new song "Gone 2 Long" on Apple Music, or on Spotify.