Finding That Motivation To Press Forward

Hinderances and trials come to test our strength to keep pushing toward what we want most.

9
Robbie Reid

"Good things come to those who wait" is a statement that has been told time and time again to those who have been searching for something meaningful to happen in their lives. Likewise, it has been applied to those who have been working hard towards a certain goal and have seen little to no results. There is another statement that I find to be more useful: "Great things come to those who work hard and go get what they want." A friend of mine recently graduated after being in college for so many years. She has been through hell and back, yet she did not give up. Many people would have given up after all that she has been through, but instead, she has used her experiences and hard times to push her further towards what she has been working for. Not only is it quite admirable, but it is a very inspirational thing to myself and to many others who know her situation. After 6 years, I finally graduated with my B.A. in Communication. My friend has been in college a total of 10+ years and did not stop until she achieved what was rightfully hers.

Things happen in life that sometimes send us into a state where we feel trapped and we can't escape from our thoughts. If there's something hindering you from putting an extra 10% into what you want, embrace it and use that hindrance to make you work harder.