I'm Not Okay With The New President, And That's Okay

But this isn't just another rant about Trump.

4
ABC News

This Is A Democracy.

"Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

With the inauguration being this week, talk of politics has sparked once again and, once again, it seems that the people are divided between people who are in favor of the new president and people who are not. There are people that view this as the ending for our country and there are the people who feel that this will pick our country up from the ground. There are people on each end of the spectrum, there are people in between, there are people who do not care, and there are people who feel they can't even voice their own opinion on the matter without being ridiculed.

Each And Every Single One Of Us Has The Right To Our Feelings On The New President-Elect.

We need to be done with the hatred towards one another on who they voted for. Whatever you feel is wrong or what is right is your own opinion and no one has the right to take that from you, or to silence you. With saying that, you may get on the nerves of people when all you are concerned about is politics. And with saying that, spreading hate will never be acceptable, using politics as your reasoning behind it is even worse.

I Do Not Expect To Recieve Hate For My Opinion, And I Will Not Hate You For Your Opinion.

There are many people located on the political spectrum, sometimes you won't even be able to tell what their political views are in everyday life. Chances are you have friends that have more liberal or more conservative views than you and you don't even know it. The important part of this is to remember that a person is more than that of whom they voted for and that they are your friend because they care for you. If it was just a political party that defined them, you wouldn't get along.

Not Everyone Will Be As Accepting As You May Hope.

There are people in this world that will use every excuse to spread hate, or to make other people feel unsafe. Know that those who you surround yourself with do care for you, and if they are any sort of friend or companion, they will ensure your safety and that you feel comfortable in your living environment. Know that you are part of this country, and you have a part to play, you are important, no matter how you define yourself.

You Have Rights.

There are going to be spiteful people wherever you go in life. Being intelligent will defeat those who feel that their words and their ideology is stronger than yours. Also, ensuring that you are an active voter guarantees that you live in environment best suited to you. This is a democracy, sometimes you don't get what you want, but that needs to be okay, and people need to cope in a manner that doesn't make anyone else feel alienated as well. I'm tired of being pinned in one direction because of what I think. I voted, and I am not okay with the outcome, but I am okay with that. There are too many people that fought and died for this country for me to disrespect the basic principle of emocracy.