5 Tips To Preserve Your Sanity During The Last Month Of The Semester

You're in the home stretch!

59
Flickr.com

It feels like syllabus week was just yesterday, but in reality, you are in the final stretch of the semester and summer vacation is only one month away. For some people, this is a great thing. For others, it may be more of a wakeup call to start getting their lives together in order to finish off the semester strong. Regardless of your feelings towards the rapidly approaching end of the semester, here are some universal tips to help you survive this last month of school.

1. Update your planner.

As finals season is quickly approaching, before you know it you are going to be swamped with studying for your exams and working on your final projects. It's important to stay on top of all of your assignments, and especially when so many are going to be due around the same time, it's equally important to keep yourself organized and on top of what is due and when. Double check that your planner is up-to-date with all of the exam dates and assignments that you need to complete. A little bit of organization can go a long way.

2. Make a study playlist.

I don't know how I would get through hours and hours of studying at the end of the semester without my study playlist. It makes the pain of reading through and copying down that twenty page study guide a little more bearable. There's nothing that a little John Mayer, Train, and Khalid cannot fix.

3. Take some time to destress.

As the end of the semester can be exciting for some, it is also many student's peak stress point. Although it is important to end the semester off on the right food academically, it is also crucial to keep your mental and physical health in check. There is no better way to do so than by taking some time to let your stress out. Whether that calls for spending an hour at the gym, taking a walk, relaxing and watching some Netflix, or doing whatever you like to do to unwind, taking an hour or two out of your busy study schedule to destress can prove to be very beneficial, both to your sanity and also to your studies when you return to them.

4. Spend time with your friends.

In between all of the chaos of the semester winding down, don't forget to spend some time with your friends and let yourself have a little fun. You are about to spend three months apart from each other, so try and soak in all of the final memories of the semester while you can. If you are debating on going out one night, do it. You aren't always going to be this young, so it's important to take advantage of these opportunities while they are presented to you. You deserve a fun night out to take a break from all of that studying.

5. Don't forget to sleep.

I know, all-nighters can sometimes be inevitable when the semester is wrapping up, but you cannot forget to get in at least a few hours of sleep each night. In order to finish the semester off on the right foot, you need to stay healthy and well-rested. Make sure you catch those zzz's.

As we all know by now, we are nearing that final month of the semester. Don't forget the importance of staying organized, taking the time to rid yourself of excessive stress, cherishing those final nights out with your friends, and getting in at least a few hours of sleep each night. You may be surprised how they may effect you.