The Best Cartoon Couples Of All Time

The Best Cartoon Couples Of All Time

Run down of our favorite animated Valentines

1788
The Best Cartoon Couples Of All Time
Disney Corporation

When we were kids, nothing was as fun as waking up on Saturday morning, getting a fresh bowl of cereal (shout out to you, Cocoa Pebbles) and turning on the TV for some hilarious cartoons. While the real world never had talking bunnies, feuding cats and mice, or a Great Dane with not only the ability to speak, but solve intricate mysteries, cartoons did reflect many human characteristics. A classic theme was cartoon relationships: every show had some sort of link between certain characters. With Valentine’s Day approaching, let’s look back at the animated couples we loved the most.

Image Credit: Eonline.com

Mickey and Minnie Mouse

This one shouldn’t come as a surprise. Since the late 1920s, Mickey and Minnie have not only been a staple in the world of cartoon relationships, but two of the most recognizable American cartoons. Through the years, which have seen multiple versions of the famous couple, Mickey and Minnie have remained together. Today, you can’t go to Disney World without seeing the two mascots walking together throughout the park, talking to children and holding hands. It’s a wonder the two aren’t already married. Two in love, clothed and talking mice: major goals.

Image Credit: fanpop.com

Fred Jones and Daphne Blake

Technically, Fred and Daphne were never a couple. Along with Velma, Shaggy and of course Scooby-Doo, the two solved mysteries across the country, never really seeming to show any interest in each other. But c’mon, it was obvious. Why else did Fred prefer to “split up and look for clues” with solely Daphne, casting Velma off to look around with a scared-cat hippie and a talking dog? Maybe their abilities to get to the bottom of a mystery influenced them to have a private mysterious relationship of their own?

Image Credit: Disney/Pixar

Mike Wazowski & Celia

Growing up, one of my favorite (although scary at the time) movies was Monsters Inc. And, although debatable, one of the best scenes occurs during Mike and his snake-hair girlfriend Celia’s Valentine’s Day dinner. Referring to each other as “Smoochie Poo” and “Googly Bear”, these two are the epitome of young, blind, monstrous love. And though little Boo, terrorizing the monsters after her door remained activated, put considerable strain on their relationship, they remain a unforgettable couple of the cartoon universe.

Lady & Tramp

Image Source: satinahall.wordpress.com

While there are plenty of dog stories based around love (looking at you, 101 Dalmatians), Lady & The Tramp remains one of the most iconic cartoon moments in history. Nothing can get more Disney than a story of two dogs (that, naturally, speak fluent English) from opposite social and economic backgrounds and lifestyles, that fall helplessly in love. If anything, it teaches us that love can be found anywhere, with anyone, even over a plate of leftover spaghetti in a dirty alleyway.