What To Do For The New Semester

Tips For A New Semester

A new semester is here, and we have to keep ourselves in check.

73

New semesters are both exciting and frightening. Every semester brings about different types of challenges. Whether you had a good semester or a terrible one last semester, getting used to a new one is stressful and nerve wracking. Getting over last semester and transitioning into this one fairly quickly is stressful. Here are some things that help me when I go into a new semester.

1. Plan the first couple of weeks out.

https://www.amazon.com/bloom-daily-planners-Calendar-Planner/dp/B07BL634W9/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GWD1SFJSDE2GQS4ZEEQT

I am not a organized person by any means however, every first couple of weeks I plan everything out. I have a planner and for the first two weeks of classes I write them down in my planner. I also make goal lists for every day. This helps relieve my stress to see a set of things to do. I do a to do list every day until the newness of the semester wears off. However it is a good idea to write down each assignment for your semester. If your professor has the assignments scheduled in their syllabus, WRITE THEM DOWN. It will help you stay on top of things.

2. Familiarize yourself with your classes

http://www.essexstreetacademy.org/student-life/daily-schedule/

Being in all new classes right after you got used to your old ones is irritating to say the least. However, what could make it less frustrating, is familiarizing yourself with your new classes and professors. Study the syllabus, observe the professor, and analyze whether or not the class is the right fit for you. Also maybe if it seems difficult but you want to stay in it, find out what you will have to work on. Get to know your professors as well. They’re not as scary as you make them out to be. Go to office hours for help or to just talk! They are there FOR YOU. So use that to your advantage. Figure out what you need to do and use your resources.

3. Buy some new supplies.

https://www.charitonschools.org/news/20182019_school_supply_list

You never know what you might need. If you think you need some more supplies, go ahead and buy some. Worst-case scenario is you're over prepared and might not need them. That is a good thing, if that happens you have them for next semester! This just helps you ease your stress even more. Plus you can get some cute supplies!

4. Remember take care of yourself.

https://www.gorhamyogacompany.com/news/2017/11/26/to-self-care-or-not-to-self-care

The biggest thing to do before this semester is to take care of yourself. No matter what you do you should not overload yourself. Also do not work yourself up too much over school. School is important but you are more important. You are more than the grades you receive always remember that as well. Do not stress yourself out this semester and do not worry too much over what is to come. So always take time to take care of yourself. Whether that is taking a bath, binge watching your favorite TV show for the third time, listening to music, reading a book, taking a nap, or just spending some time alone doing nothing. Take a little time for yourself every day.