How To Prepare For the Upcoming Semester

Seven suggestions of things to do before heading back to school for the spring semester

22
Bio Careers

Hopefully you still have at least a day (if not more) left before the spring semester revs up. Here’s a few things on your to-do list before you get things going.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

Finish that season. That new show you got hooked on over break is great but unfortunately you most likely won’t have anymore free time to watch it without feeling guilty after the semester starts. Get to a good stopping place before moving back in.

Pack.
Speaking of moving back into the dorms, get all the stuff you brought back with you for break. Grab anything you didn’t have last semester but used over break. Don’t forget to clean out the fridge on your way out too!

Go out one more time. Hang out with your hometown friends. There has to be at least one person from high school you still tolerate. Go get coffee or go on a target run before you both leave and don’t talk for another few months.

Register for classes.
Yes, you still have to go to class. Make sure you register now so you don’t miss the first week of class. If you’ve done that, go the extra mile and order your books.

Sleep.
Let’s be real, this is your last chance to sleep until spring break. Between friends, homework, and every extracurricular on your plate, sleep does not exist during the semester.

Set some goals. Trust me, I hate setting goals but this can be good. Pick one or two reasonable goals for the semester. Write them out and put them somewhere you’ll see them and remember: your mirror, the fridge, your desk, make it your phone background, whatever works for you.

Tell your family you love them.
Odds are you don’t tell them that nearly enough, I know I don’t. Remind them before you leave them for the next four or so months. For bonus points, give them a big hug.