How to Prepare for Junior Year of College

Junior Year

24
Google

How to Prepare For the Start of Your Junior Year of College:

1. Cry

Tears of joy because, you finally get to move back on campus with all you friends that you missed so much over summer break. Then, tears of fear as you realize that you're starting your Junior year of college, which is said to be the hardest year out of the four, AND you realize you have to wake up for that 8 AM lecture when you haven't woken up before 11 AM the entire summer.

2. Be Confident

Go in with a positive view and set goals that you want to achieve by the end of the year. Don't go in with a negative attitude thinking it's going to be the hardest year and you won't be able to get through it. Think about how, sure it may be a tough year, but once it's over with you will feel so accomplished knowing you're that much closer to the finish line

3. Have Mom / Dad on Speed Dial

Whether you need them to transfer money into your account for food or a night out, or you're having mental break down at 3 AM about the essay that you have due at 8 AM and you need someone to calm you down, your parents are the go to people. Also don't forget to call them to tell them you miss them and that you're still alive (aka don't go MIA on them for a week)

4. Try New Things

Although it will be your third year there are ALWAYS new things you can try and new things you can do. For example, becoming a member of a new club or society. Do things that interest you and relate to your field of study (and hey it's a good resume builder and theres always free food at events)

5. Have Fun

Of course, the number one priority is school work while you're away at college, but don't forget to balance your time and have down time where you can hangout with friends, go out, and just have some you time. Everyone needs a break now and then so don't forget to take them. After all we're college students, and you definitely deserve that 2 hours nap in the middle of the day.

Good Luck Everyone!!