prayed for future husband before I even met him

To The Man I Hope To One Day Marry, I Prayed For You For Years Before I Even Met You

The moment I laid eyes on you I knew my prayers had been answered

267
https://unsplash.com/photos/HpsgQHr8YvI

Dear Future Husband,

Hello handsome! I haven't the slightest clue who you are right now but just the thought of you gives me butterflies. At this very moment, you could be having a beer with the guys telling them you will never get married. Your current girlfriend may be reading this same letter aloud to you and telling you that you'll both will be together "forever." You may even be sitting across from me right now watching me type this letter and not even realize it. Whatever the case may be, here are some things I want to get off my chest before we say "I do."

I prayed for you YEARS before I even met you. I cried and asked the Lord to send me someone who was handsome, all about his success, and would cherish me through the good times and bad. I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on you, my prayers had finally been answered.

Sure, I've had other guys that I "thought" I felt the same way about, but it was just something about you that was different from the rest. Your eyes and the way they never lie, that cologne that I recognize from a mile away and the night we went to our favorite restaurant and laughed and agreed about how people who put ketchup on their fries cannot be trusted was assurance that you were the Boaz to my Ruth.

I ask that you always be patient with me. After seeing the worst side of what a man can be, you've proven to be everything they are not. I've previously had my heart broken so bad that I thought I'd die. However, I am confident you are the man who will heal me and love me past my pain and show me what being treated like a Queen is all about.

It may take a while for me to open up to you because of my past but I promise I will get there and when I do, I'm never going to stop.

I'm also a workaholic and have accomplished a lot of things all alone. I'm used to people coming into my life and leaving. Some may say I come off as intimidating because I have excelled in so many areas of my life at such a young age. Career is very important to me and I spend lots of time doing what I do and it gets in the way of my personal life from time to time.

My busy schedule and hunger for success proved to be too much for many people and it has cost me many relationships. But I'm blessed to know that's finally over for me. You respect my grind and for that my love, you are forever appreciated. You and I will fulfill so much together as Mr. and Mrs. and I look forward to celebrating our glory days together.

Lastly, I want to say thank you. Thank you for always being YOU. There is nothing sexier than a man who always remains true to himself in a society full of pretenders. From that geeky laugh to the way you burned our breakfast the morning after I spent the night with you for the first time, I love you for eternity for who you are.

I am proud of the man you are and to finally call you mine and I pray you feel the same way about me. You make me happy in more ways than one and I can't wait to do this thing called life with you by my side.

Forever your lady,

Your Future Wife.