Social Distancing Is Hard For Everyone, No Matter What Personality Type You Are

As An Introvert, I Thought Self-Distancing Would Be Easy — Come To Find Out, It's The Exact Opposite

I'm beginning to appreciate those basic freedoms of leaving when I felt like it and going out when I wanted more and more each day.

380

For weeks, I've been saying that I'll be fine if the U.S. had to undergo quarantine. I prefer to stay to myself and would much rather stay home than go out anyway.

I played myself so hard and I actually can't wait for quarantine to end.

In the beginning, I was okay because I was still at college with my roommates. I could walk out and enjoy them whenever I wanted and if I had to leave my house, I would be met with other people out and about doing their daily shopping. It was pleasant.

Then we get to today (week two of quarantine for me) and I'm very much over it. I've been out once to go to a dinner with my two best friends and made a Walmart run with those same friends once. I do a Zaxbys run every now and then if I'm feeling like it. I talk to my roommates and other friends every so often, but that's not the same.

I left my campus and moved back home for the quarantine and I've never been more ready to grace my campus since I moved there my freshman year. I've almost downloaded TikTok and tried to learn a few dances, which is something I will never do no matter how bored I get. My screen time reports are through the roof. I have had to charge my phone five times a day.

I may be 98 percent introvert to many, but the 2 percent extrovert in me is losing her mind.

Sure, many people are quarantined in their homes with laptops, cell phones, tablets, and other electronics, but it's not the same for those who appreciate face-to-face contact, or even the 2% extroverts like myself.

So please, practice social distancing so us 2 percent extroverts can keep what little bit of sanity we have left.