Self Love Practices

9 Ways To Practice Self-Love Every Day

It all begins with a decision to change the way you think about yourself, and it begins now.

115
https://unsplash.com/photos/Pdbm_hkG0wE

Ladies, do you ever realize how perfect you are? You are one of a kind and were made specifically to be you. It is so important to feel beautiful on the inside and out. This new wave of self-love our generation is talking about is no joke.

Women have been critical of themselves since the beginning of time. Constantly trying to please society, and comparing themselves to an image that they believe is beautiful. It's about time you worry about how to please yourself and be happy as your own kind of beautiful. This is easier said than done, but there are steps that you can take to begin your journey of self-love. It all begins with a decision to change the way you think about yourself, and it begins now.

1. Pick out your favorite things about yourself.

https://unsplash.com/photos/CfUyeAZOWIw

Do you love your eyes, your legs, your skin color, your honesty, your humor or creativity? If you've never thought about it before, take a minute to decide what it is you love about yourself. Write them down and read your list whenever you're being hard on yourself. It's so common to dwell on something that we don't like about ourselves, but if you make the choice to focus on the good, the more you will see! Positive thoughts about yourself will give you more confidence and that energy will shine through you. The better you feel about yourself on the inside, the better you will look on the outside.

2. Be thankful for you flaws - they make you special. 

https://unsplash.com/photos/UgYvrd1oM08

What you may not realize is that your flaws are what make you, you! There is not a person in the world that is "perfect" because there is no such thing. Being perfect should mean being in complete harmony with who you are. The balance between your flaws and your perfections are what make you unique. Your positive attributes stand out because of your flaws, so be grateful for them!

3. Stretch. 

https://unsplash.com/photos/JMH6m6BKL6U

There's a reason your cat or dog stretches first in the morning when they wake up. Feel every inch of your body and allow your blood to flow through you. If you are a busy person you can take that time to yourself to just breathe and be where you are. It can be like a meditation. Mind-body connection is real and you will notice a difference in yourself when you learn to feel it.

4. Moisturize.

https://unsplash.com/photos/jCbqcTrrAdQ

You know that feeling when you have plans with a boy and you shave and moisturize every square inch of your body? You deserve to feel like that all the time. It's so great to feel refreshed and maintain yourself. And it feels even better when you take the time to do that for yourself! You don't need a reason to care about how you feel. Treat yourself like you're going on a date with yourself. You deserve it, baby.

5. Wear something you love to bed. 

https://unsplash.com/photos/pYm05zLQYc0

Whether you would rather slip into sexy silk PJ's or fuzzy cotton sweatpants before bed, do whatever makes you feel like your best self. Sleep is your time to literally get inside your own head and be alone, so no matter who is next to you, be comfy! You get to wake up feeling great and start your day off right.

6. Write reminders to yourself.

https://unsplash.com/photos/-1_RZL8BGBM

Whatever your insecurities may be, write yourself little notes to help yourself overcome them. If you don't want them to ever be found, you can set reminders on your phone throughout the day. Get as creative and positive as you want, only you know what you truly need to hear. Be your own voice of reason.

7. Eat that cookie.

https://unsplash.com/photos/0KSffDglOAE

You only have so much time on this green earth so you better spend your time loving it. I'm not saying to eat a sleeve of Oreo's every night before bed, but I am saying that it is okay to allow yourself to have what you want in moderation. You are beautiful and that food you ate is not going to directly change anything on your body. If you live a healthy lifestyle for the most part, drink your water, and stay active, you can have whatever you want!

8. Ignore that boy. 

https://unsplash.com/photos/E8H76nY1v6Q

Deciding to stick around a person that you know is wrong for you is a form of self-sabotage. If you wouldn't want your best friend to be in the situation you're in with someone, get out of it. You deserve someone who makes you happy and improves your life. There is no reason to chase after anyone who doesn't want the same thing. Be in a relationship with yourself until you find someone who is willing to put in as much love and effort into a relationship that you are.

9. Make your bed.

https://unsplash.com/photos/GqbU78bdJFM

The first thing you do in the morning will set the precedent for the rest of your day. You have a whole world to tackle and you can take on every inch of it. Make your bed so that the first task of your day is complete, and go on from there. Every plan takes one step at a time.

If you let yourself do these things for others do it for yourself. Other people know what it's like to have you in their life. Be there for yourself. Deep down you know what's best for you and how you should treat yourself. So, do it! You are the person who can make you happy or the person who can make you miserable. You were there for yourself through all your troubles in life, and you have made it through. Wake up in the morning and thank the amazing girl in the mirror, she's done a great job.