Planned Parenthood Claims Virginity Is A Social Construct

Virginity Is A Silly Social Construct, Planned Parenthood Said So

And spoiler, it actually doesn't have to do with your hymen.

875

Sex is different for every individual and honestly, that's what makes it so good! We've all got different things going on and our sexual activity allows us to raise that freak flag HIGH. This also means our definitions for certain things may vary. Going all the way to third base may be different for you than it is for me. What sex is to me may not be sex to you.

The same goes for virginity. What's a virgin to you may not be a virgin to me.

To some, if they've had anal sex, they still refer to themselves as a virgin. To others, that's absolutely not how it works. To some, if two women have had sex, they are still virgins. To others, if someone has masturbated and penetrated themselves with an object, they no longer hold their V-card.

What about oral sex? Or grinding? Or handjobs? Or what about born-again virgins? I could go on and on.

So, there is no definitive answer. Similarly to almost every wellness topic, your virginity is based on yourself.

Planned Parenthood had a lot to say about virginity. They should right? That's the kind of subject they're an authority on.

OK, can we all just agree that virginity is a social construct?

I'm not saying that it can't mean something to you. It for sure can, but we've got to realize that popping your cherry isn't an all for one.

I have my own idea and definition of when I lost my virginity. But, honestly, everything I did before that deed was more exciting and just as special. I was dipping my feet and learning about my sexuality. Even years after, I am still learning about sex and experiencing new things.

Huh?! So, maybe I'm still a virgin since there are so many sexual kinks that I have not experienced.

There's a whole world of sexual experiences out there, placing so much pressure on virginity only distracts from that, which would be a real shame.

I respect everyone who holds their virginity near and dear to their hearts, but I also respect those who don't care what virginity is and when they lost it. That we all have our own experiences that have different impacts on our lives is really what's important here — Planned Parenthood gets it, time for the rest of us to follow suit.

The gist is, recognize what virginity means to you and solely you.