A Powerful Voice

A Powerful Voice

The puppet master behind the grand scheme of creativity. Her influence is as powerful as her hand on a canvas.

64
A Powerful Voice
Kuukua Eshun

On social media forums, such as Instagram there is a compelling desire for a majority of its users to creatively convey their thoughts and emotions through pictures. Each picture is a depiction of the user's lives, typically met with the praise of a like or gratification from a comment. Similar to every other social media forum, there is a large variety of different trends, domains, and hierarchies that are dominated by a few amount of individuals. The “Insta-elite” is what could be used when referring to these users as they popularize their brand or specific kind of “feed” to the world. In one particular domain, there is “Black Insta”. Close to “Black Tumblr”, the domain has its own alliance of mutually creative and outspoken Black users that reign from all realms of Black culture.They are a group of thinkers, poets, content creators and artists that intend to spread a message. Make a movement. Or reach out to their audience through their content. While surfing through my timeline, I always seem to find myself in awe of a particular Instagrammer. Poet and love enthusiast, Kuukua Eshun. An Instagram user that is loved by many and considered to be one of the most influential content users on the social media forums.

INTERVIEWING KUUKUA ESHUN

Interesting Things To Know:

• Believes that someone should be judged on the character of their soul and not the makeup of their skin color.
  • Lives by the code of love. She chooses to avoid conflict with others and advocates a healthy lifestyle.
  • Believes that people are slaves to their own conscious, that if artists and creative individuals allow themselves to fall victim to their own criticism they will self- destruct.
  • Ohio-based artist
  • Languages: Twi, Fante, Akuapim, Ga, French and English
  • Favorite Color: N/A ( Believes that everything is equal).
  • Age: 22
  • Favorite Music Genre: Melancholy songs with a soft beat and slow tempo
  • Likes: Chance the Rapper, Childish Gambino and Khalid Muhammad
  • Favorite Poets: Sara Kay and Rupi Kaur

Q.) If you were to describe your upbringing, how would define it? Any Examples?

Not brought up traditionally by two parents, she moved to the states when she was five. Raised by her aunt. She describes her aunt to be a good woman. She learned through her experience with being raised by her aunt that she lacked the parental aspect of her childhood. Growing up was hard for Kuukua, she describes it as "feeling an empty hollow." Her mother was in the united states while her father lives in Ghana. A key moment within Kuukua's childhood is when she found out that she was an artist and was born to create. She began to gain confidence in her craft when she received support from her friends, family, and classmates that commented and saw her drawings.

Q.) What are your skill areas/craft as an artist?

As an artist Kuukua believes she was born to connect with people through creativity, such as writing poetry and creating art. Through her writing, she informs others that they are not alone. She attempts to relate with her audience by discussing experiences that are easy to relate to. Kuukua loves the fact that her poems have the power to foster a closeness/bond with people from all over.

Q.) What kind of people do you surround yourself with?

Kuukua chooses to surround herself with people that inspire her to perfect her craft. She prefers to be around people that also genuinely care for her and love her. She believes that creative souls with the same mission as her to spread love and speak the truth are the most positive influences in her life.

Q.) What inspires you to create?

Kukkua credits the powerful will of emotion as her major inspiration to create. She explains that it is the vibes that are given off by her and others pain that influence her craft. It is the hardship that inspires her to create and express her emotions. She allows herself to be vulnerable to the world in order for her to create. Vibes based off of how she feels. It is the soul that determines the output.

Direct Quote: “When I Put my mind to write, I begin to write the purest and truest sentence that I know.”

Miss. Kuukua is a one of a kind woman. Someone that is so rich in fiber and elegance, her joy is contagious and it was a pleasure working with her!