Top Ten Things To Do When Your Power Goes Out (A.K.A. It’s Not Just Sexy Time!!)

This happens a lot to people living in New England, but sometimes we have no clue what to do during those few hours...how about these as options?

492

So, there's a massive snowstorm outside and the power has gone out. It's depressing since you were in the middle of your most recent Parks & Rec re-binge session, but exciting at the same time since this is a new experience and adventure for you and your roommates!

...wait, the bathroom isn't working.

This sucks.

Where's the freaking power?!!?

1. Light Some Stuff On Fire

media.giphy.com

So, you're going to try and use your phone as a flashlight for the next few hours, but lighting candles would be far more atmospheric and will make everything smell crazy-good. Also, that flashlight light is just harsh. So harsh.

2. Raid the Fridge

i.pinimg.com

If you don't save it, that ice cream may melt before the Electricity & Power Company's crusaders venture across the land to repair your power lines. It's time to make a feast of everything that may go bad before you get the help you need.

3. Read a Book

i.gifer.com

WOAH YEAH I KNOW -- you probably haven't even touched a book in years, but now you have a flashlight and everyone is more bored than the attendants of a financial meeting run by sloths, so this is the perfect time to immerse yourself in a different world.

4. Games!!

media.giphy.com

Board games, card games -- there are so many choices. Personally, I like to run a Black Jack table, bidding M&M's and the like (best part is that the House normally wins).

5. Play Hide & Seek

66.media.tumblr.com

Shoot, I mean, all the lights are already off -- this is your chance!

6. Tell Spooky Stories

media.giphy.com

These can range from the Wolf-Man, to that one Creepypasta you read that one time, to when you forgot to pay your electricity bill...ooOoOoOOOoooo….spoooooooky…...

7. Build a Blanket / Pillow Fort

4.bp.blogspot.com

Go all out and make it crazy complicated (but don't set anything on fire -- keep that a no-fire-zone).

8. Dance, Dance, Dance

media.giphy.com

Plug in your phone and go all-out-rave mode. Strobe those flashlights and get down to business!

9. Straight Up Sleep

media.giphy.com

Look, it's been a long life, so why not take a little snooze? You've decided that there's really nothing more interesting to do and you only slept for three hours the night before -- this is honestly the next-best option other than using all those candles to summon Satan.

10. Summon Satan

media.giphy.com

I'm not going to tell you how, and the power is out so you can't Google it, soooo….I guess sitting in a circle with an excessive amount of candles and chanting random Latin phrases you heard in Supernatural that one time will do the trick.