The Power Of Self-Awareness Is The Key To Happiness

You can't find true happiness without self-awareness.

34

I made it a goal of mine to be more self-aware in 2019, and I've become so much happier because of it.

Self-awareness is something I never paid much attention to because it was never something I thought I struggled with.

At the start of the new year, when I was feeling super inspired by the classic "new year, new me" posts I decided I would pay extra attention to myself in 2019. This didn't mean I was going to give up all my other obligations to work on myself, it meant I would make it a conscious effort to be mindful and check in with how I was feeling.

This is when I realized that I was not very self-aware.

I thought I was, I pretended to be but I wasn't truly, authentically aware of my personality and emotions.

Self-awareness is so important to master while you're carving the path for the rest of your life.

Being self-aware means knowing your strength and your weaknesses, analyzing your beliefs and figuring out what motivates you.

My thoughts had been contacting each other for so long but it was time for me to figure out what was important to me, and separate that from what was important from those around me.

Self-awareness allows you to grow in the best way. I've always considered myself an empathetic person but since developing self-awareness I've been able to foster better personal and professional relationships in ways I never had in the past.

Being self-aware allows me to clearly see other people's perspectives on issues, without taking them on as my own in an attempt to please someone. I'm able to take feedback without viewing it as criticism.

Having a better understanding of myself has helped me grow as a person. I am at peace with the past because I've reevaluated times where I only viewed myself as a victim.

There is no changing the past and I no longer want to.

I've learned that there is strength in forgiveness, of both yourself and others.

I've accepted that I have made mistakes, but I have also learned from them.