5 Songs From Post Malone's New Album That Will Hit You In Your Feels

"I feel you crumble in my arms down to your heart of stone."

193

Posty's done it again folks. Here are the top five lyrics from Post Malone's latest album, Hollywood's Bleeding, that are so relatable.

1. Allergic.

YouTube

"Wasted on Sunday. Erase you on Monday, allergic. Allergic. Gave in by Friday. Went straight back to sideways, allergic."

Allergic is one of Malone's more upbeat songs on his latest album, but the topic isn't the happiest. Although catchy and easy to sing along to, I interpret Allergic as about a toxic relationship. It can be seen in this lyric that this relationship is like an addiction, that its difficult to get away from and the cycle of being "wasted" on the other person continues. No matter how much they know it is toxic or that they are "allergic" to each other, they can't seem to get away from each other. Old habits repeat, despite trying to erase the other person, and by Friday its back to the same. The unfortunate, but relatable experience in Allergic is what makes this song more than just another catchy bop.

2. Take What You Want (feat. Ozzy Osbourne and Travis Scott).

PopSugar

"I feel you crumble in my arms down to your heart of stone. You bled me dry just like the tears you never show. Why don't you take what you want from me? Take what you need from me. Take what you want and go."

These lyrics, provided by the gravel-like vocals of Ozzy Osbourne, immediately made me think of a one-sided relationship. One person is taking all that they can get from the other and leaving. Not just this, but leaving without giving anything back and without showing any emotion while hurting the other person. The visual of someone crumbling away to show a heart of stone instantly caught my interest. This person may find vulnerability and support in the other, but in the end does not reciprocate this back. This song is more of a "you can't hurt me anymore" and "I knew you were a snake" type of song rather than a sad ballad or an angry dis-track.

3. Circles.

Daily Caller

"Seasons change and our love went cold. Feed the flame 'cause we can't let go. Run away, but we're running in circles."

There's a reason why Circles is ranked 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 right now. This song delivers a theme that I have found throughout all of Hollywood's Bleeding: that people keep doing things over and over again because of bad habits or unresolved feelings. The idea of running away, but in a circle, is a great way to explain how as much as people want to get away from someone, something, or a feeling, sometimes it just comes back around. In Circles, Malone shows how often its easier to "feed the flame" rather than go through the difficult process of letting go of someone you love. This personal theme paired with Post's recognizable song writing brings Circle to the top of national and our own playlists.

4. Myself.

Dazed Digital

"Oh, let's not give a f*ck 'til giving a f*ck has no meaning, oh. It's what it is, it's how I live, all the places I've been. I wish I could've been there myself."

Post is not afraid of some profanity, which isn't new. However, the first part of this lyric isn't about not caring at all, but about not caring until people as a whole aren't so uptight and worried about what others think. How I interpret the song is that there's a longing to be more present in your own life. This song can be heard as a call to action to, as cliche as it may be, live more in the moment. It's easy to tune everything when there's too much going on around you. In my opinion, its crucial to try to get out of your thoughts and connect with the people and places around you. This song is on my night drive playlist for just that reason.

5. Goodbyes (feat. Young Thug).

WDJX

"We're both actin' insane but too stubborn to change. Now I'm drinkin' again, 80 proof in my veins. And my fingertip stained, looking over the edge. Don't f*ck with me tonight. Say you needed this heart and you got it. Turns out that it wasn't what you wanted. And we wouldn't let go and we lost it."

This song embodies the hurt, confusion, and frustration of heartbreak. More specifically, a heartbreak that is reoccurring and still painful every time. What I love about Goodbye in this album is that it ties back into the constant idea that this love isn't healthy but neither person can quite get out of it. Throughout the song, you can feel the anger towards the situation as well as the regret and sadness that always follows, and the tone consistently reflects these emotions, making this song all the more relatable as it pulls you in.