A Possible Vision Of My Future

A Possible Vision Of My Future

Some dreams are telling while others are simply dreams.

21
A Possible Vision Of My Future

I wasn't sure what I was going to write about today, but I was given an idea by none other than my roommate. She told me about a dream she had last night as it involved myself, and what appears to be a possible future. Now before you, dear reader, dismiss this as some sort of crack writing let me just say I am someone who does believe that dreams are insightful. Some dreams are weird, but then are the ones that seem to be giving you a message. I have had multiple instances of when that has happened. I have also had dreams that gave me images of the future to come. I am not psychic, trust me.

Suddenly feels like Dirk Gently in the 2016 show and original novel

(If you get this reference, I love you. If not, that's totally fine. If you're annoyed by all the Dirk Gently I'm sorry.)

Dreaming about the future isn't all that weird actually. It's called a premonition. It's just a feeling of what is about to happen. At the same time, it can just be a dream that is giving you a glimpse into your future. It isn't always the immediate future either as they usually tend to be about. I have had dreams that didn't come true until a couple years down the line. Before you write me off too let me just ask how my dream predicted the specific set of stairs and the fact that I would be struggling with my backpack zipper? How did I know that I would one day end up heading down to the hallway where the math and science classes were at my middle school, when I wasn't even in middle school at the time? How would I have known what it would all look like? I will just say that on the day that it actually happened I had the most intense feeling of Deja Vu.

Back to my roommate, though. She just informed me that she had a dream involving me. She said that I was a Doctor and was married, living in Scotland, with 2-3 kids. That last bit was a little fuzzy to her, but the rest of it was very clear. Now the Doctor bit can be explained. I was recently accepted into a Ph.D. program. In five years time, should I choose to accept that offer, I will have earned my Ph.D. and indeed be called Dr. Teegarden. The living in Scotland bit can be explained as well in that I want to go abroad in the worst way. I am totally down for a life in Scotland. It's been my dream to go to the UK as well. The number of kids is also fairly accurate in accordance to my own wants. I know how many kids I want in the future.

As you can see though this is a very probable future of mine. I can see it happening. I can also see a number of other futures happening as well. It just depends on what choices I make. I also understand where certain people would just brush this off. Dreams are just dreams. They don't mean anything. But for some, like me and my roommate, dreams are pretty telling. Whenever I have a weird dream I tend to look up the symbolism involved and work out what message is being given to me. It's not bad actually. I highly recommend it too. If you have weird dreams, or not weird, look them up. You're bound to learn something about yourself or even possibly the future. It's up to you really.