New Year, New Outlook on Life

New Year, New Outlook on Life

A new year calls for new beginnings.

159

Every year begins with everyone trying to go along with the "New Year, New Me" motto. Some end up forgoing it the second the clock strikes 12:01 a.m. on January 1st. This year, I'm making a promise to myself to try and have a more positive outlook on life. Hopefully, I can stick with it throughout the year.

Over the past couple years, I would always have the worst outlook on what the new year would bring. I was so indulged in a dark place in life that I wasn't even looking forward to the future. This year, I'm going to remember what matters most in life, and focus all of my energy on that.

Family and friends are two of the most important things in having a happy life. I haven't always been a family person, but this year I am going to make more time for them and learn to appreciate everything they do for me. I am also going to try and rebuild some friendships that were lost along the way.

School will be the number one priority for this year. I will stop looking at every little assignment or project with the mindset that I am going to fail. Everyone should put school as their number one focus to receive the best possible result from it. Doing better in school for this year will help once the time to graduate arrives. It can be stressful, but every person can get through it.

Friends, and even family, are easy to lose contact with. This year, remember that friendships of all kinds are a two-way street. If you come out of contact with someone, don't wait around for them to come to you. Take the first step into rekindling a friendship and picking up right where you left off. Having these friendships and good relationships with others in general will make your year filled with endless happiness and laughter. Here's to 2019!