5 Mantras That Will Improve Your Life

5 Mantras That Will Improve Your Life

Repeating these mantras are designed to stimulate positive thinking.

17
5 Mantras That Will Improve Your Life
https://unsplash.com/photos/152oDSHhJWM

Repetition is key to success. We repeat facts and concepts for school and use repetition to form habits. This is rooted in psychology, which shows that repetition leads to new knowledge and skills that are able to be developed. This practice involves not simply repeating a concept, but paying attention to and rehearsing the material, according to the American Psychological Association.

In simpler terms, you can form new habits and patterns of thinking when you use repetition. The following five mantras are great to repeat and will guide you toward a happier and more fulfilling state of mind.

Protect Your Peace

This simply means indulging in what you love and saying no to what you don't. If you constantly find yourself saying yes to everyone, you are creating more ways to say no to yourself. Finding peace means doing the activities you enjoy because it's what you like. This will make you feel more confident and happy with yourself.

Protecting your peace does not mean being selfish. It means you are prioritizing your needs over everyone else's, which is perfectly okay. Savor the exciting moments in your life and protect the peace you truly deserve.

Be Intentional

With any activity you complete, be mindful of what it is doing for you. If you find yourself not enjoying a certain activity, try and figure out why. Do you feel burnt out, or are you really doing it for someone else? Taking a moment to reflect inward will help you figure it out.

Being intentional can also help you discover new things about yourself. Maybe you never realized just how much you enjoy a certain activity and decide to pursue it more. It's all about finding what makes you happy within yourself.

Honor Your Energy

This means investing time, money, and energy into what you truly enjoy. The world of 'productivity' that we live in can burn us out quickly and make us feel that we are not doing enough. Remember that you are doing enough and that your energy is precious. Don't waste it on things that don't serve you.

Don't Constantly Overserve

Otherwise known as overachieving, do not exhaust yourself trying to meet other people's demands. If you need a break at work, for example, ask for one. Don't use mental health as an excuse just to get out of something, but understand your limits and how to care for yourself.

Overserving others means underserving yourself. You can care for others without jeopardizing who you are and the energy that keeps you going.

Care For Yourself

Lastly, remember to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. It is important to not only eat right and exercise, but talk about the issues bothering you with someone you trust. Prioritize your health and make sure that you're putting yourself first.

Repeating these mantras will help you switch your thinking to be more positive. You can improve your well-being and confidence by believing in yourself and in your thoughts. Although it's a process, it is definitely worth it.