Attention SBU Students, Do NOT Graduate Without Having Tried These Amazing Port Jeff Restaurants

If you're looking for a date night, a new place to try, or just taking a drive in the area, there are places to go to if you have not already! Just a quick drive from campus, the view itself alone is worth it, so why not enjoy a meal while you're there? They are not ranked in any order, just make sure you get your butt to them ASAP.

Gourmet Burger Bistro

If you're looking for a great burger or even some great fries, this is the place to be. Their options for burger customization create a food frenzy you'll just have to keep coming back to try more! They have a garlic aioli sauce that goes great with their salt and vinegar fries; yup, that's right. The best part is, although their specialty is burgers, they make great mac and cheese and salads! The atmosphere is very rustic chic and will make you feel like you're not in Port Jeff anymore (until you hear the ferry horn).

Toast

If you haven't already gotten a basic white girl latte at Toast, you need to head there now! Although is a very tight space, their food and drinks easily make up for it. Whether it's breakfast or lunch, they knock it out of the park with food. They are great with accommodating with gluten allergies, so you can still get your cinnamon swirl pancakes you've been craving. And if you want a little buzz while at brunch, their alcoholic drinks are top tier (just drink responsibility).

Old Fields

If you are looking for a fancy date night with an elaborate farm-like feel, this is the place to go. If you want to enjoy a great steak while sitting next to open fire, or sitting by the bar enjoying a glass of wine with friends, this is the perfect place for you. Make sure to answer their question of the day or riddle on the board!

Pasta Pasta

Obviously, this is a place to go to if you are craving some pasta. The reviews from the place are always above average. A nice part about this place is that they have a prix fix menu if you have a party of people or just yourself. Although pasta is their specialty, they also have great entrees and even brick oven pizzas! It's almost like the hidden gem of the village.

Tiger Lily Cafe

Calling all vegans, vegetarians, anyone with food allergies or anyone who loves a good wrap! This is a great place for you. Tiger Lily Cafe has a lot of different options for you to choose from, from wheatgrass shots to a turkey BLT. This place is great for healthy yet tasty items. They have a juice bar and make the best smoothies. The atmosphere is like you're walking into a witches cave who has a great sense of style. The ambiance is dark but you can also sit outside in the warm weather!

Salsa Salsa

Any Mexican food lovers? If you want to create your own jam-packed burrito, try this place out! The quick in and out restaurant makes it difficult to eat in, but taking out makes the food so worth it. Its always exciting to try a different kind of Chipotle or Cabo Fresh, although it isn't the same style of adding the food in front of you, once you order you're sure to be content and very full.

Prohibition Kitchen

The newest up and coming restaurant in Port Jeff. This place has a beautiful funky menu, your favorite foods with a twist. If you love sandwiches and burgers then their Dirty Mother Clucker is for you. Their eclectic cocktails will have you drinking dill pickle and loving it. Although you get the tight city feel while you are in there, this is the hot spot of the village and you will regret not trying it out.