5 'Supernatural' Quotes To Live By

5 'Supernatural' Quotes To Live By

3. "I'm getting that life isn't all about these big amazing moments. It's time together that matters."

22

In a feat that I'm not sure even the stars of the show saw coming 14 years ago, "Supernatural" (one of my all-time favorite T.V. shows) is reaching its 300th episode this week. This is a benchmark only attained by a select handful of hour-long scripted television shows that are currently on T.V.: "Criminal Minds," "Grey's Anatomy," "NCIS," and "Law and Order: SVU" being the only shows in this category with more episodes aired. So, I guess Sam and Dean Winchester are doing something right.

While I admittedly started watching the show only a few seasons ago (I got caught up on Netflix in a few weeks), I quickly fell in love with them, well for a lack of a better word, *supernatural* show. It started in 2005 with a simple trip by two brothers looking for their dad on a monster hunt, and quickly grew into on the CW's biggest hits. (Although it started on the WB - when that was still a thing!) It's become a cult classic, with avid fans across the world. Its gone through its share of cast members, killed them, brought them back, and killed them again.

But I guess I have to admit its done that with its stars too! It's made fans laugh, cry, and painfully await the answer to hiatus cliff-hangers year after year. But at the heart of the show, and why it's so long-lasting, is family. When it all comes down to it, the story is about two brothers, who will do anything to save the world, and more than anything to save each other. So to celebrate 300 episodes of fandom, friendship, and family - here are 5 "Supernatural" quotes that everyone should live by:

1. "Driver picks the music, shot gun shuts his cakehole." - Dean Winchester ("Pilot") 

media.giphy.com

House rule in my car. Don't touch my stereo.

2. "Once a wise man told me, 'Family don't end in blood.' But it doesn't start there either. Family cares about you. Not what you can do for them. Family is there for the good, the bad, all of it. They got your back. Even when it hurts. That's family." - Dean Winchester ("The Inside Man") 

movietvtechgeeks.com

I always keep this in mind when thinking about friendships. Real friendships, and family, will drive you insane. But they're also there for you when you're driving them insane. You don't turn your back on family, and they'll never turn your back on you. And the best friendships are the family you choose.

3. "I'm getting that life isn't all about these big amazing moments. It's time together that matters." - Jack Kline ("Unhuman Nature")

media.giphy.com

Jack is a relatively new character, but one of my favorites. He has a lot to learn about life (having only been born only a few seasons ago), and seeing the world from his perspective is always enlightening. He's hit a real gem here: life isn't always about the big things that stress us out. It's about the small moments together. It's about the memories that we can make to come back to again and again.

4. "Damn straight. Screw consciousness, that's what I say." - Dean Winchester ("Repo Man") 

media.giphy.com

Everybody needs a nap once in a while. Had a bad day... "screw consciousness" and try again later.

5. "It doesn't matter what you are. It only matters what you do. It's your choice." - Sam Winchester ("Metamorphosis")

media.giphy.com

Do what makes you happy. Don't let anyone tell you you can't, that you're not good enough, or that you're not the right person for the job. It doesn't matter how other people see you, what matters is that you think you can do something. If you think you can ... do it.

So Carry on My Wayward Sons, and here's to 300 more.