The Most Popular Online Dating Apps In College

The Pros And Cons Of Popular Online Dating Apps Like Tinder, Grindr, And Bumble, For Students

The stigma of online dating is slowly diminishing your chance to find true love.

78
Girl and guy out on a date
https://unsplash.com/photos/pzwHKEb5O20

Did you know that according to some current studies, around 91% of college students use dating apps to develop a new relationship? Students who are going to enter this new college life are going to have liberties, fresh opportunities, and freedom. They will be engaging with people from different backgrounds, thinking, sizes and sexualities.

1. Numbers game

Out of hundreds upon hundreds of students on a college campus, the chances of meeting the one you want are low. If you are doing this online, let us assume the chances of failure from the start. There is an ample number of students online who are using student dating websites and they even offer a perfect online space for chit-chat.

Well, it is not necessary that you get a chance to meet someone in a college or university. Dating apps like Tinder can be used to find a new partner and build up a new relationship with someone. And what's more, there are also sites for different groups like Tinder for couples. It's for those open-minded singles or couples to explore more.

Okay, do you really feel like there's a need for online dating? Do you also believe that students don't have that time to find their love in a typical traditional way? Because student life is basically made to have an interaction with others, be it night-outs or group studies.

2. Pool of people

Well, the above point is partially true because online dating can provide you with a chance to find the perfect partner you always wanted. Some students don't have the skills or confidence to go and create a connection. While others don't want to roam late at night just to see what they should look for in the "perfect" partner.

Online dating can be workable and can even make it a whole lot easier to find that person you were looking for, from such a big number of people online, you can quickly look for someone who could actually be the ONE. With the popularity of the gay dating app Grindr, many would wonder if there is something similar for the straights. And yes, there is. A site like Grindr for straight people also allows you to connect with others in a way you want that was somehow not possible in real life.

In fact, you can have some connections with students those who are from some different courses or departments and attend college or university at a different time. That way, the number of potential partners simply increases and opens up a maximum number of opportunities. And in case you don't find that spark in your relationship, online dating is still with you. It is just another way to reach out to other students you might not have met in the first place also and expand your horizons.

3. Online stigma

The stigma of online dating is slowly diminishing your chance to find true love. Colleges and universities allow you to arrange night-outs, meets at clubs, events, and parties. These are the things that are just one call away and offer you an opportunity to see who has shown up there or what's new going on, how and with whom you can make a new connection with.

Well, this new and fresh life at university is something that stops many people from indulging in such activities. But student online dating gives you a chance to contact people from different walks of life and experiences and also allows you to create a meaningful and romantic bond online.