Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Back, But I Don't Care For It

Popeyes' Chicken Sandwich Is Making A Comeback, But I Still Don't Give Two Clucks About It

Popeyes, it's time to give up.

84

In case you missed it, Popeyes announced on August 12, 2019, that they would be making a new addition to their menu:

A chicken sandwich? Really, Popeyes? I could go on and on about how Popeyes' chicken sandwich doesn't even have a chance against Chick-fil-A's, but I already did that.

Well, to no surprise, shortly after releasing their "one-of-a-kind" chicken sandwich, Popeyes ran out. No, not because there was such high demand, but because Popeyes just doesn't know how to do inventory. Seriously? Popeyes HEAVILY advertised this chicken sandwich, just to run out and keep it out of stock for months.

=

Their suggestion? BYOB - bring your own bun. I'm sorry, but that's not even funny. I get that it's supposed to be a humorous Twitter meme, but it is just SO stupid. No one is laughing, Popeyes.

Well, today, on October 28, Popeyes tweeted that their chicken sandwich (or as they humbly call it, "The Sandwich") will be returning on Sunday, November 3.

This ad throws clear and blatant shade at Chick-fil-A. But why? Has Chick-fil-A ever ran out of their iconic chicken sandwich?

No, no they have not. Chick-fil-A isn't even phased by this because EVERYONE knows that Chick-fil-A is the superior chicken sandwich maker - and they never run out.

To be frank, I just don't care that Popeyes is bringing back their chicken sandwich. I literally do not give two clucks about Popeyes. Deep down, everyone knows that Chick-fil-A is so much better.

So why is Popeyes still trying? Their constant shade towards Chick-fil-A is getting so boring. Plus, it clearly shows that Popeyes knows that they can't keep up with Chick-fil-A, so they have to resort to Twitter memes.

Popeyes is acting as if the world has been sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for the return of their chicken sandwich, which is just not true. Popeyes, do you know what everyone has been doing while your chicken sandwich has been out of stock?

They've been going to Chick-fil-A. And everyone will continue to go to Chick-fil-A as Popeyes runs out of their chicken sandwich again, which is essentially inevitable as they have a tendency to run out of their heavily advertised items. It's as simple as that.

Popeyes, it's time to give up. Plenty of people, myself included, still do not give two clucks about your chicken sandwich.