Why You Should See Pokemon: Detective Pikachu Immediately

An Honest Review On 'Pokemon: Detective Pikachu' And Why Everyone Should Go And See It

It's a Critical Hit, and Super Effective!

42

Previously, I wrote an article about just a few of the cutest Pokemon that have the potential to kick your rear end. Now, I'm returning to the topic of Pokemon to write about one of the biggest must-see movies of 2019: "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu".

I'll be honest, upon seeing a preview before the initial trailer I was hesitant. Computer-generated Pokemon with live-action? There was no way this could be good, I thought. And then, the trailer dropped and it changed my mind completely.

There is something really refreshing and exhilarating about seeing ALL your favorite Pokemon come to life in a live-action setting. And it's not just the first generation you'll see; there's well over 700+ Pokemon and there IS a chance you'll see most, if not all of them. The details put into them are striking, but this isn't the only reason you should see it.

In "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu", former Pokemon trainer-turned-insurance salesman Tim Goodman meets a talking Pikachu, voiced by Ryan Reynolds (yes, that is absolutely Deadpool). Together, they navigate a world where Pokemon and humans co-exist as equals to solve the mystery of Tim's father, who was killed in an apparent car crash...or was he?

This movie, in my personal opinion, has it all: comedy, nostalgia, action, adventure, and even a little romance. What I personally love is that while there is some romance, it doesn't overshadow the rest of the plot; instead, it adds to its overall charm. The fights you'll see are akin to the Pokemon battles in the games, and you'll feel like you're right amid the action. And if you really need any more convincing, Pikachu becomes a sarcastic, wisecracking detective companion; proving that casting Ryan Reynolds was the best decision ever made.

Also, there's Mr. Mime. Enough said.

If you currently play Pokemon, you will love this film. If the last time you played Pokemon was in second grade, you will love this film. Heck, if you've never played Pokemon at all and the only thing you know about it is Pikachu, you will love this film! It's an absolutely entertaining movie for kids and adults of all ages. So get your Pokedex ready and go see "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu" today!