7 Songs to Pogue-ify Your Playlist Since 'Outer Banks' Season 2 Was Just Confirmed

Currently counting down the days until season 2!

749

"Outer Banks." OBX. Have you watched it? A treasure hunt, summer fling, and attractive characters all in one. A group of friends try and hunt down $400 million worth of gold that the lead character's dad never found. A whole adventure packed into the island of Outer Banks.

"Outer Banks" came out on Netflix mid-quarantine on April 15. Since then, I have been obsessed. Binged it back-to-back times, made custom stickers and shirts, and followed all the cast on Instagram. It cured my need for an early summer adventure and gave me 10 episodes to fall in love with John B and Sarah's relationship. Let's not ignore the fact that John B and Sarah's relationship is real off-screen too! And that cliffhanger?!?!?!

Today, the cast and "Outer Banks'" Instagram announced that season 2 is confirmed.

That is all we know, but with COVID-19 messing up all production, it might be a couple of months until we find that gold *again*. Until then, here are 7 songs that I have added to my playlist indefinitely until we meet John B, Sarah, and the rest of the gang on-screen again.

1. "Left Hand Free" - alt J

I had to include the show's theme song as number 1, duh!

2. "Golden" - Harry Styles

I can picture taking HMS Pogue into the marsh will this song blaring.

3. "This Is The Life" - Two Door Cinema Club

The featured song in "Soul Surfer" had to be added to this list!

4. "Santeria" - Sublime

This song gives me major JJ vibes

5. "Dream Girl" - No Vacation

This song can represent JJ and Kie or Pope and Kie, however you want to take it.

6. "Island in The Sun" - Weezer

The OG song from "Aquamarine" makes its debut in this list at 6.

7. "Tongue Tied" - Grouplove

Forever will be hearing Posty sing this song. Any scene will all four of the pogues (maybe Sarah too) will remind me of this song.

I loved this type of music before "OBX" but now, I can't play anything else. This series had me sobbing and laughing at the same time.

It has an awesome plot and the cast hangs out the same off-screen. I am curious to see how season 2 is and my theories are spinning all around my head.

*SPOILERS* Will Rafe get caught for the Sheriff's death? Will Ward be arrested for the possible homicide of Big John? Will the rest of the gang find out that John B and Sarah are alive? Do they find the gold in the Bahamas? Is Big John even dead?

Tune in next year to see if my theories are true.