Poetry On Odyssey: Your Mind

Poetry On Odyssey: Your Mind

A curious mind seeking another curious mind.
1026

I have such a passion for writing and words. Poetry has always sparked my interest and my attention. The simplicity of poems forces the reader to form the words into a deeper meaning that inspires them.

I usually organize the words I write into songs. I have always loved music and singing, and I enjoy falling into the process of putting a melody behind the words. I have never actually written something and left it as a poem. After writing this, I read it over and over and felt as it it should be left alone. No music, just a free flowing idea.

This is not a situation I usually find myself in. I usually feel as if I need to build and expand upon words with music so that I can absorb and better understand the message.It was nice to slightly change my way of thinking and simplify things a little.

While writing this I was feeling very peaceful and inspired. It is a simple illustration of my on going curiosity that comes and goes with certain situations:

To be so unclear about you dear

that is where I find myself

to love and understand so little

that is where I find myself

to walk away and not know why

forming words that never occurred

Picking through the walls of your mind

oh how I would like to know

dancing along to the sound you sing

oh how I would like to know

An explanation that is temporary

that is where I find myself

staring a little longer until I feel okay

that is where I find myself

to pick it all up

just to scatter in the unknown

how strange and beautiful

Picking through the walls of your mind

oh how I would like to know

dancing along to the sound you sing

oh how I would like to know