Poetry On Odyssey: The Woman Once Made Of Gold

Someone so beautiful should be observed far away.

406
Via Unsplash

A woman’s heart which was once made of gold was robbed by a man.

A man who knew she was pure.

Her hair never unkempt and her body untouched.

She was an angel.

So why, why would he try to take away her halo? It wasn’t his intention to damage her, in fact, it was the quite opposite.

He loved her.

But despite his vigilant attempts to damage her, he did. Maybe it was the fact that he loved her too much. He always kissed her before she went to work in the morning. He awaited her call every day at five to hear that she’s on her way home. He kissed her on the cheek as she arrived through the front door. He kissed her before she went to bed because he couldn’t bear the thought of not doing so.

The first couple of months and even the first few years is known as the honeymoon stage. But it didn't take long until she began to notice that the things she once found cute are now highly impulsive. She couldn’t leave the house without letting him know first.She couldn’t have friends. So she didn’t have a social life.

That’s not good for a woman. That’s not good for anyone.

The woman whose smile used to light up the room was no longer present. It didn’t exist.That’s the sad part of it all. How can something so lovely become so broken? How could he, someone who loved her beyond the superficial things be so belligerent?

If only he could understand that he didn’t need to know where she was every second of the day. If only he could have seen what his actions were doing in the long run. Worry brings fear and fear is crippling. The reason why most people become depressed is because they’re surrounded by depression. Meaning that hanging around someone who only brings them down will reinforce the pain that you are feeling. It took everything within her to get up and leave the man she once fell in love with. It was both mentally and physically draining. But there’s a slight feeling of relief once she walks away from that toxic relationship.

She is a woman, who is strong. She is a woman who is strong enough to leave a situation that is doing her more harm than good.

He never did grasp why the woman he loved left him. He couldn’t understand that what they had wasn’t love.He didn’t know that he was controlling and demanding.

And that’s too bad for her. She has to spend her time to rebuild the woman she once was before he came into her life. But how can she do that? No matter how long the healing process may be, she may not be the same woman she was.

That woman though, who was once made of gold, will always be beautiful. You’ll just have to admire her from a distance now.