Poetry on Odyssey: I Went For A Walk In The Rain

I was supposed to go to that capital-I important meeting. But then the rain came.

83
Public Domain

Sometimes all you need is getting caught in a downpour to give you a new perspective on life. There is something about being soaked in the rain and not being able to do anything about it, that reminds us that sometimes life isn't always in our control. As my father continually reminds me "Rocks are hard, water is wet and life can be unfair".

I Went For A Walk In The Rain

by Lydia Solodiuk

I went for a walk in the rain. I wasn’t supposed to, I was supposed to go to that capital-I Important meeting. But then the rain came. Sheets of rain enveloped me, soaking my raincoat, drenching me—Thoroughly.

I went for a walk in the rain. I tried to dry off, Frantically ripping paper towel after paper towel off the dispenser. But the rain has claimed me as its own.

I went for a walk in the rain,

I stood outside the meeting room door, and decided to go with the flow back outside

Into the rain that had claimed me as its own.

I went for a walk in the rain. I poked the leaves clogging the flooded storm drains I stomped in the murky puddles I skipped though the muddy grass I was a child who could care less about that capital-I Important meeting.

I went for a walk in the rain. It was refreshing, coaxing the wilted greenery of my soul back into life.

I went for a walk in the rain because I needed to remember what living was. The kind of living that is more than that capital-I Important meeting, and that two-day passed deadline, and that neglected email, and that phone call to the doctor and the seven things that I meant to do this week, but didn’t.

I went for a walk in the rain, Because the rain had claimed me as its own.