Poetry On Odyssey: Dear Covid-19

Poetry On Odyssey: Dear Covid-19

Dear Covid-19, we're all stronger than you think.

76
www.unsplash.com/  United Nations COVID-19 Response @unitednations

Dear Covid-19,

All you seem to be aware of is boredom and isolation

But, behind closed doors, there's more you cannot see

Prom dresses thrown out, hard work becomes a slap in the face, and all you see is irritation?

And there is no remorse for anyone? How about the NWCC?

Dear Covid-19,

Workers: The people who work non-stop shifts only to have passion driving them until the end

The people who have to stay humble knowing there are other countries going through the same time

To believe it isn't surreal or frightening has workers having to pretend

Just to come home worried that they spread it or already did at anytime

Dear Covid-19,

You may be winning at one thing: sadistic comedy

People walk past the "wear masks" and "stay home" signs as if they see this as a joke

Oh how wrong they are

Covid, your humor is not making anyone laugh no matter how much you poke

Dear Everybody,

To the kids with an unstable household and guidance: you will get through this and your captivity

To the next graduating classes: keep your head up because if no one does, we're only fused with negativity

To the parents: keep it together and think about what truly matters now

To the careless: relationships may break but the pandemic won't care like you do when you're with each other

To everyone else: This is the one time we can only get through this if we don't stick together

Stay safe, wash your hands, and social distance. Please take this seriously and keep in mind all the workers who are working non stop and doing their part. Please do your part as well.