6 Podcasts That Will Make Any Road Trip Better

From thrillers to comedy, these podcasts will be sure to make the time pass faster.

40

Ahhh, who doesn't love a good road trip? Well, after having to constantly make the hike from New Jersey to Tallahassee, and back again, I could only start to think about what could possibly make time move faster. Don't get me wrong, music does the job almost 100% of the time, but if you're doing this trip with a parent, they might only be able to handle so much rap or house music. While doing this long trek from our beloved FSU back home this summer, I decided to spare my mom the aggravation of some of my music and put on a few different podcasts. I swear to you, it made time go by so much quicker.

If you don't believe me, I dare you to try it. Here are 10 Podcasts that are a must to listen to:

"Crime Junkies"

The title of this podcast kind of gives away what this one is about. This podcast is filled with episodes that explain and analyze crimes such as murders, kidnappings, and missing person cases. Each episode is between 30 minutes to an hour and trust me, once you start listening, you are locked in.

"Congratulations with Chris D'elia"

If you don't know who Chris D'elia is, then you are truly missing out. Chris D'elia has been my favorite comedian since my freshman year of college when my friend showed me his impression of drunk girls. Since then, that man has my heart. In his podcast, you are guaranteed a laugh. Every episode he just talks about what's on his mind, whether it's about current events and news or just things that pop into his head, you will hear it on here.

"Call Her Daddy"

Attention: this is not a podcast you want to listen to in the car with your parents. I'm telling you, it will be super uncomfortable, just don't. This podcast is brought to you by the one and only Barstool Sports. This honestly has to be my favorite podcast I have found. These two girls, Alex and Sofia, talk about everything people our age are scared to talk about. And they do it in the most honest and unapologetic way. These girls tackle topics like sex and things like "thirst traps" that will surely teach you a thing or two.

"Over My Dead Body"

For all you crime fanatics, here is another one for you. This podcast is a little different from the other ones I have mentioned because these episodes all correspond with each other. Based on a story from right here in Tallahassee, this podcast is telling the story of a couple in the area. Without giving away any details, let's just say that things get hectic and the twists and turns of this crime leave you on the edge of your seat.

"The Killer Thorn of Gypsy Rose"

I just had to throw this one in here. With the documentary out and the hit series on Hulu, "The Act," I could only recommend to you all another way you can hear the story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. This podcast is done by Dr. Phil and concludes with his interview with Gypsy herself. Whether you have been following the story or are just hearing about it, this podcast gives another outlet to learn the ins and outs of the case and what can be concluded about the participants involved.

"3 Girls, 1 Keith"

For all you Spotify listeners, this one is exclusive to you. This podcast is by none other than Amy Schumer. She and her two friends go off about everything and anything. This podcast will be sure to have you wishing you were sitting there with them, instead of sitting in that car for 16 hours. Morals go out the window when this podcast starts, and I'm sure you will keep wanting more.