Missundaztood And Underrated, This Is P!nk

Will the real queen of the music industry please stand up?

17707
amazonaws.com

As soon as you log on to your social media accounts when you wake up, you see millions of posts of the music queen. Who do you think of when I say 'queen?' Most likely Beyoncé, Adele, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga. All of these beautifully talented performers have definitely earned that title through their years of making music, but there’s one artist who doesn’t get enough credit.

From her Grammy-winning songs, being a Covergirl, having iconic performances that no other singer dares to do, being a mother and now having a recent title as an ambassador for UNICEF (United Nation’s Children’s Fund), let’s give a strong standing ovation for the one and only P!nk.

Alecia Beth Moore, known by her stage name P!nk, has been in the game since 2000 with her first album “Can’t Take Me Home.” Her success only started there when all of her songs touched millions of people’s hearts. She’s been around when we all wanted to just jump on our bed and have a dance session in our room. She was there for our family issues, bullying phases, heartbreaks and self-doubts.

Due to P!nk’s tomboyish style and song’s like “Stupid Girl,” she has been an inspiration to millions of young women. Giving them an example that they don’t have to look like what society wants them to be. The pop-singer has always been different from the other singers, and that’s what made her stand out to the world.

She always striked me as a person that has an 'outside of the box attitude.' I remember watching an interview with her and the interviewer asked, “What’s your guilty pleasure?” Most people would answer that question with a pretty basic answer, but P!nk simply replied with, “I don’t feel guilty about any of my pleasures.”

Recently, P!nk has announced her partnership as an ambassador with UNICEF helping families across the country to get active and help save lives with UNICEF Kid Power, which is the world’s first wearable-for-good. She plans to educate the public of the programs that UNICEF has to offer for the world, and highlight the organization’s role in fighting global malnutrition, which has a large impact on children worldwide.

The artist has also joined arms with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) earlier this year, being a part of the campaign “Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” making a statement saying, “I hope fur wearers get bitten in the ass by the same kind of animal they wear on their back.” Which might sound a little intense but, hey, I’m sure animals like the skin on their back just as much as you do, right?

P!nk was the first celebrity I felt like I could personally connect to. She was the person that made me feel like it’s OK if this shitty part of life is happening. Her chilling performances always bring the emotions to life, especially when she does her iconic performances in the air.

It's funny when I think about it. Every time I brought up P!nk to anyone, no one could ever say anything bad about her because people know what she’s about. When I think of a music queen, P!nk is the first person that comes to my mind. The underrated pop star left her mark on the music industry for many future singers to see. Now it's our job to keep her alive like the bright burning star she really is.