Who Is Uber A?

Who Is Uber A?

Yet another A mystery to solve this time, who could it be?

42
Who Is Uber A?
prettylittleliars.com

The Freeform program "Pretty Little Liars" often has one major question: who is A? Over the years we have had that answered, Mona was Original A and Charlotte/CeCe/Charles was Big A, but now we have a far more threatening foe, Uber A. Here are some theories as to who this A may be.

Note: Elliot Rollins and Mary Drake will not be on this list nor will anyone else who I. Marlene King has explicitly stated is not A.

1. Eddie Lamb.

Now, this is my personal pick for Uber A, mainly because he matches the description of Uber A and follows the pattern that was set up with Mona and Charlotte for their A reveals. He was often seen in his Radley uniform, he knows a lot about the Liars (which he could have learned from Mona's stint in Radley just like Charlotte) and he just disappeared in thin air with no real explanation. Did I forget to mention that the episode title "Bedlam" is an anagram for Ed Lamb? Majorly suspicious.

2. Alison DiLaurentis.

Yes, this does seem the obvious choice since "A.D." is all over Emoji A's texts, but there's more meat to this theory than some might have you believe. Many people know that the show is based off a book of the same title. What most people do not know, however, is that Ali is a downright murderer and evil person in the books with a twin named Courtney. King has stated that they are not exactly going down the Courtney route, but there have been some indications that the series is loosely following that path. Charlotte and Bethany Young both seem to be stand-ins for Courtney in the series and both were murdered in ways that Courtney was murdered in the books. See, in the books, Courtney is often in Radley for psychiatric care, but switches places with Ali because she believes Ali stole her life from her. Ali then later swaps places with Courtney by killing her. Ali then seeks revenge on the Liars and becomes Uber A. In translating this to the small screen, I theorize that Ali wanted revenge on Charlotte for making her go into hiding for years and torturing her friends and, as a result, kills her during her first night out. That's why she wanted Charlotte to be released. While there are holes in the story (the gift card and texting the Liars while in lock up), "PLL" has been for writing good loopholes to get them out of those situations.

3. Yvonne.

Yvonne is a possible Uber A candidate. In the beginning of season 6B, Charlotte is murdered and not long after Uber A comes along trying to figure out through the Liars who killed Charlotte. What does this have to do with Yvonne? Simple: it all focused around the election. Yvonne is one of the candidate's daughters and received a packet of information on the Hastings family. Why is this important? Because right after Spencer receives her packet is when the Uber A texts start coming in. Not directly after Charlotte's death, but after the packets are distributed. If Yvonne had only gone for Spencer, it would have been obvious right away who A is, however going after all the Liars opens her up to saying that was just a fluke. However, Uber A's threats do center a lot around the election (like Yvonne's abortion leak, which is a great cover up, and the Liar's deadline of before the election.) She's also been surprisingly absent since election night as well.

4. Wren Kingston.

This theory started popping up when it was announced that Wren would be making an appearance right around the time of Uber A's reveal and only around that time. Is there any meat to this theory? Surprisingly yes, but it is very little. During the five year jump between season 6A and 6B, Wren received a call from the last A, Charlotte, while she was under psychiatric care. Could this have been Charlotte handing off the game she found so addicting? Could this account for some of the British spellings found in the girls most recent threatening messages? Also, Mary Drake, who is working for Uber A but is not A herself, visited England, a place we know Wren to live in. Could the doctor be more foe than friend?

5. Spencer/Spencer's twin.

Now, this is a theory that has been revitalized/updated since the first season on one small detail in "Tick-Tock B*****s:" Spencer's bangs. In the episode, Hanna has a "dream" where Spencer appears - albeit without her 6B trademark bangs. While "PLL" is not known for consistency (Aria's hair changes from brown with blonde tips to regular brown in literally the first five minutes of the same episode), it still has caused some fans to speculate whether or not that was Spencer, a dream or (because twins are big this season) a twin of Spencer's. Some speculate that Mary Drake is not only Charlotte's real mother, but also Spencer's real mother. While this theory is a stretch, Spencer has been one of those Liars that was never really trusted by the fans since episode one in which she returns to the barn without Ali to tell the Liars she thought she heard her scream. Not only that, but she is kind of a mastermind and major planner. Could Spencer be Uber A?

Those are the top five running "Pretty Little Liars" theories right now. Agree or disagree with some of these theories? Think that there is a theory we missed that makes more sense? Sound off in the comments below!