Please, Treat Her Better

Please, Treat Her Better

A letter to a heartbreaker as he holds another girls heart in his hands.

378
Please, Treat Her Better
Elite Daily

Can you do me just one favor? Don’t mess it up with her the way you did with me. She deserves all that you can give to her and probably more. She seems like a very sweet girl and I know you are capable of being a very sweet guy. Do it for her, because she deserves a good guy. Or do it for yourself, because you deserve to be happy. At the very least do it for me, so I know you really are the guy I always said you could be.

I am no longer bitter that I am not your girl. I am no longer jealous of her for having you. I am happy for you both, because you seem to make each other happy. However, you did hurt me and a multitude of girls before that. Let me be your last victim. You don’t have to continue this vicious cycle you have created for yourself! I know there are lots of pretty girls who catch your eye. I know you think it’s cool to stack your "number" sky high. But honestly, what’s the point? You’ve had your chance in the past and you blew it. Somehow you got lucky enough to get that chance again with someone new, so don’t screw it up.

I hope that you treat her better than you treated me. I hope that when you tell her how you feel you really mean it. I hope that you are proud to call her yours. I hope that you don’t keep her hidden in your bedroom. I hope that you follow through on all the plans you make. I hope that you never let her fall asleep wondering why she's not enough for you. I hope that you make her a priority, not just an option. I hope that you are careful with her heart, should she decide to give it to you. She deserves better from you than what you gave to me. But you also deserve better for yourself, whatever it was that I couldn’t do for you. She is yours now, and she loves to be yours. Do not take that lightly. Love her back.

If the time should come where you are not happy anymore than please, be more gentle with her heart than you were with mine. All any girl wants is a valid reason. Do not shut her out and ignore her texts. Do not move on to the next one while her scent is still fresh on your sheets. You owe her the answers to the questions she asks. If you do not want to be with her she will understand, just make sure she knows when you are through. Don’t ever let any girl in your future hang on the way I did.

You hurt me but I am better now, and I have learned something from it. I want you to have learned something from it too. In spite of it all, I would like to believe that I still know your heart and I know that you are better than how you treated me. Please make sure you show it.