Why You Should Never Wait For The Guy Who Isn't 'Ready'

Guys, If You Expect Me To Wait Around For You To Be 'Ready,' You're Fooling Yourself

I'm done wasting my time.

302
Lexi Schroeder

I'd consider myself to be very forgiving and understanding... and it does sometimes get me in trouble, especially with any boys I'm seeing.

At some point, we come across that one person who we like instantly and can see relationship potential with. And during the "talking" stage, you catch yourself doing a lot for them and they're not even yours. Sometimes, you can easily tell if this person is using you for hookups, car rides, or something else other than possibly having a relationship.

And for some reason, we convince ourselves that this person (who is probably using us) wants us. I've experienced boys like this in all shapes and forms. The boy who only hits me up at 2 a.m., the boy who only wants to hang out at his house instead of going on dates, the boys who expect everything out of you because they know you'll do it.

It should be easy to see that they're not that into you if they're doing those things. But all it takes is that one text from them flirting or complimenting you where it changes your mind instantly to thinking that they're into you like that again. I'll catch myself making all this effort and getting none in return.

I'll tell you right now, I'm done with that.

I have learned my fair share of lessons from waiting around for that guy who barely gives me the time of day. It always ends in heartbreak. If I have to ask for your attention, I don't want it anymore. I know I'm worth more than sitting around hoping for a text back or dedicating all my time into one person who doesn't even care I exist other than when wanting a hookup.

I'm an adult and in the prime of my life right now. I have so many years ahead of me to find someone who knows they want me and knows that I'm good enough. I'm done wasting my time on people who don't know my value or worth.

It's hard to wait for something you know might not even happen but it's harder to give up when it's everything you think you want. So please, if you're questioning committing to me, tell me so we both don't waste time.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.