Please Stop Pushing Your Agenda And Opinion On Me

Seriously, just no.

965
http://www.studentprintz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/COVER.jpg

I get it, your opinions and feelings matter; mine do too. That is not a hard concept to grasp. What is hard for me to grasp is why do people violently try to scream and throw a childish temper tantrum when someone does not see this world the same as they do? You will get nothing accomplished if you do this. Nothing. What will get accomplished is you looking like a total douche canoe... and probably a fist in your face if you attempt to try this with the wrong person. You cannot argue with someone else this way.

I am a human being, flesh and bone, who has her own opinions on religion, politics, human and animal rights, how society is crumbling socially, and the softening of attitudes coming from our younger generations (even my own generation,) but I would rather sit down with you as an equal with a cup of coffee and talk about it rather than scream in your face until I turn an ugly shade of red with anger.

It is called discussion; which I feel that my generation does not know how to do. Maybe it is because I am one of the youngest members of my family with a HUGE age gap in between me and the next one above me (I think 6-7 years.) I know how to have a debate with someone else (and I am damn good at it) because I have taken debate classes in high school and college and excelled at both of them. I took criminal justice as my major from Thiel College, and it was required of me by my major to know how to argue and debate with another human being whose opinion was different than mine. I lost sometimes, and guess what? Life goes on.

I see people who are arguing with someone-- more like screaming at someone-- who does not share the same view or opinion, and it gets violent. People start hitting one another, or worse, they take a gun out and end someone’s life over a having different opinion. Someone’s own thoughts can get them killed now because America’s fucked up society cannot grow the hell up and deal with people having a different opinion from their own. Think about how fucking ridiculous that is, and please realize that a life is not worth losing because John Doe did not like that Jane Doe believes homosexual couples should get married and BANG… Jane’s family loses her forever because someone could not deal with it.

GROW UP AND REALIZE THAT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR OPINION!

Furthermore, do not shove your views down my throat. The only thing I want shoved down my throat at this point in my life is Taco Bell’s Chicken Chipotle Grillers-- NOT YOUR OPINION. If we do not agree with something, I am not going to hate you or kill you over it. I am one of those people who will just brush it off and be like, “Hey that is cool, want another taco?” That is how it should be, but I guess no one understands that is how life works.

I come from a smaller town where everyone is pretty much on the same page. My boyfriend comes from suburbia and keeps to himself. Thankfully, none of us have to deal with what I am talking about at this point in our lives. However, we both went to the same college and this type of attitude was in full swing.

Even at little Thiel College in Greenville, Pennsylvania, there were people who would just blindly argue with someone else over small, insignificant things. Friendships were lost over this past election. Friendships that lasted nine to ten years are ruined now because of this election. It has ruined families, friendships, employments, and for what? Does something so small have such a big impact over love?

If love wins, then why do people attack one another in the streets? If love wins, then why are people fighting and breaking off friendships? If love wins, then why am I am asshole for being a republican? If love wins, then why am I praised for being bisexual, but I am criticized for being with a man?

I guess the term "love wins" is only acceptable when it pertinent to that one specific agenda…