A Playlist Guaranteed To Help You Destress

...and maybe make you dance a little.

10
PrimalMagazine

The school year is starting, whether you're ready or not. Nothing is worse than when that initial panic sets in when you start thinking about the homework, the practices, the rehearsals, the exams... School is a lot of work! And nothing helps more with getting work done than a kick-butt playlist. So I have created a list of my favorite upbeat songs that will get you through all of the research papers, all of the studying, and all of the stress.

1. Staring Down - Collective Soul

Just a downright cute song that would make anyone smile.

2. Carry On - Fun.

If you need a little inspiration when you're feeling especially overwhelmed.

3. After Midnight - Blink-182

Yes, happy punk songs do exist.

4. All For You - Sister Hazel

A little throwback that will make you want to get up and dance.

5. The Remedy - Jason Mraz

An under-appreciated song from a few years ago that always improves my mood.

6. Alone Together - Fall Out Boy

Because you knew I had to put in a FOB song.

7. Roll to Me - Del Amitri

Another throwback that makes me smile.

8. Still Into You - Paramore

...duh!

9. Run-Around - Blues Traveler

This song is one of my favorites for no particular reason. It's just a fun song.

10. Get the Girl Back - Hanson

I stumbled across this song at work and it always had me jamming as I was sweeping the floors.

11. You and I - Chris August

If this song doesn't make you happy, you don't have a soul.

12. Here (In Your Arms) - Hellogoodbye

Who doesn't remember belting this song out, even though you could understand very few of the words?

13. Howlin' For You - The Black Keys

This song is jazzy and catchy and perfect.

14. Five Minutes to Midnight - Boys Like Girls

I'll be the Cinderella in this song.

15. Young Chasers - Circa Waves

This alternative masterpiece will have you dancing as you study the whole year.

16. Float On - Modest Mouse

This song should be every stressed out student's anthem. One of my all time favorites, for sure.

17. Nine In the Afternoon - Panic! At the Disco

Even if you're not a Panic! fan, check out this adorable song.

18. Troublemaker - Weezer

I had to throw a rebellious song in here. This song will have you singing along, angsty or not.

19. Mad Season - Matchbox Twenty

I don't know anyone but my mom who knows this song, but it's smooth sound always has me singing along.

20. Mess Around - Cage the Elephant

This song's sass alone will make you smile. It's strong bass will have you jammin'.