A Playlist for the Moonchild

A Playlist for the Moonchild

A collection of dreamy music dedicated to Cancers.

44
A Playlist for the Moonchild
astrologyrealness

Since the first full moon of 2017 rested in Cancer, I felt it was necessary to craft a list of tunes for all moonchildren. This is a playlist for dreamers and creative souls. Enjoy!

Sarah Minor by Keaton Henson

A beautiful song about a beautiful girl. This is a song for painting sunsets ingrained in your head from pictures taken, while peering out a closed window with a cup of tea.

If you like this, you might like: 81 by Marika Hackman

Lilac Wine by Jeff Buckley

There is no crime in feeling most authentically and observing most clearly. Jeff Buckley seems to understand this. Every song he sings exposes a layer of fervent passion and sensitivity.

If you like this, you might like: The Spy by The Doors

Mad by Solange

A lilting lily of a melody, and a red hot chorus. Solange is a trailblazer who expresses her experiences in ways that seem so effortless. Time slows to an inevitable standstill when Solange's harmonies are heard.

If you like this, you might like: Flowers by Willow Smith

These Days by Nico

A song to accompany you on your daily transport. Nico has a lower register that gives her a quirky sense of originality, which is magical when combined with her calm demeanor.

If you like this, you might like: Lonely Island by the Secret Sisters

This Must Be the Place by the Talking Heads

This song has a groove like no other. Blare it with the windows open on a brisk night or dance around your house in comfortable solitary- either way, you will not be able to sit still. I promise.

If you like this, you might like: Tangerine by Led Zeppelin

Ball and Chain (Live) by Janis Joplin

Janis Joplin has a story to teach us all. Listening to her commentary on living in the present is not unlike reading a handwritten letter from a dear friend long since departed.

If you like this, you might like: Good to Be Back Home by Charles Bradley

Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes

Striking, ethereal, and grand. This song is the definition of road trip music. Flow through the high points and low crevices of the Earth while listening to pure beauty. What can go wrong?

If you like this, you might like: Wi Ing Wi Ing by Hyukoh

Miss Moon by Cree Summer

Intersectional feminist and renowned voice actor, Cree Summer has an intensely sassy voice and unique influences in every song she creates. This one, though no exception, brings something different regarding meaning. Look this jam up for a good listen as the moon rises into the night sky.

If you like this, you might like: Jane by Girlpool

Dedicated to the One I Love by the Mama's and the Papa's

The Mama's and the Papa's are genuine icons and masters of their genre. This precious love song is as shimmery and sweet as the singers themselves. The vintage sound of the song gives off a vibe of nostalgia that truly sticks with you.

If you like this, you might like: Baby by Donnie and Joe Emerson

The Party by St. Vincent

St. Vincent has an off-kilter sense of musicality that embraces all quirks and oddities as a component of a song. Along with this musical feat, St. Vincent is a poet who captures your attention and places you in intimate narratives of heartbreak and redemption.

If you like this, you might like: First Love/Late Spring by Mitski