Why Every Millennial Should Have a Playlist For Every Occasion

An explanation for why we should create a soundtrack to our lives.

628
screenjunkies.com

It is a commonly accepted sentiment among society today that music is super awesome. No matter what age you are, music undoubtedly has played an integral role in the lives of nearly every single person living in the modern world. However, if one utilizes music on a more situational and daily basis, it can be appreciated even further. As we go about our lives and the various components of our daily routines, there is an infinite number of songs that are perfect to orchestrate our lives. By making playlists for many different occasions, we can create a soundtrack to our own lives.

Despite the differences in our lives, everyone could benefit from creating playlists to give a soundtrack to our lives. For instance, the average college student could make playlists for doing homework, getting ready for a night out, partying, or chilling with friends in a dorm room. These are all nearly universal types of playlists for those who are living at school, and they will have a huge benefit when these times roll around and everyone is searching for the perfect song. This way, by making these playlists ahead of time, there will be no delay in finding that perfect tune since there will already be playlists set up for the occasion.

Different from a college student, the average adult can very easily benefit from creating playlists to orchestrate their lives as well. It may seem not quite as clear cut, but there are definitely occasions which are perfect to have a playlist made for as an adult. For example, an adult could have a playlist for while they are cooking, playing games with their children, driving around in their cars, or even for while working depending on one's profession.

I am a true believer that life is far more enjoyable when listening to music. By having a set playlist for nearly every aspect of our lives, we are adding a sense of excitement to tasks which are otherwise not so enjoyable. Thus, music can cause us to be more excited to live our lives and carry out even the more menial components of life. In addition to the more specific playlist, we could all also have playlists that are a collection of our favorite songs for when we want to share music or simply remind ourselves of some of life's smaller pleasures. I truly believe that by adding a bit of a specified musical soundtrack to our daily lives, life can be enjoyed on a brand new and even more satisying level.