10 Songs To Get You Through Back To School Blues

Everyone knows 'Pure Imagination' from Willy Wonka, right?

71
PublicDomainPictures

Earlier in the year, I wrote an article about a custom playlist I made to get my readers through finals or leading into summer. This week, I decided to revisit that list and add a few more songs for people to listen to. These songs can wake you up in the morning, get you going in the gym or they're just a nice song to listen to in the day. Following, this article is a playlist containing the songs from this list and the one before.

1. Southern Nights - Glen Campbell

You may have heard this song before in "Guardians of the Galaxy" or have listened to Glen Campbell in the past. Otherwise, this song is a catchy song with a happy beat. The guitar rift puts you in a good mood and it's a great song to enjoy to a dinner party or an evening walk.

2. Thunder - Imagine Dragons

Again, this may be on here in response to a concert I'm going to, but I am in love with the new album from Imagine Dragons. There are too many excellent song choices, but if I had to choose one, it'd have to be "Thunder." "Thunder" keeps a steady tempo, samples an actual thunderstorm, and has pretty awesome lyrics. And to hear this song live will be pretty epic

3. I Don't Know My Name - Grace VanderWaal

If anyone hasn't seen the live video that went viral last summer, check it out here. At only thirteen, Grace VanderWaal's talented viral song made its way to iTunes and it sounds amazing. Her voice is excellent, her ukulele skills are incredible, and the lyrics to the song speak true to the heart.

4. Genghis Khan - Miike Snow

You may not know Miike Snow and what they do. And to be honest, I didn't know much of their music either. However, after hearing a cover of this song, I had to listen to the whole thing. And I am glad I did. "Genghis Khan" has a catchy chorus paired with a technologic and upbeat tempo that makes it hard to not want to move to the music.

5. Oh Love - Green Day

Green Day, the punk rock band from the nineties, has somehow made its way onto this list. And for every good reason. "Oh Love" is not as intense as many Green Day songs before it. Yet it still feels like classic Green Day. It has that similar vibe from that the older Green Day once did, and whether you're a fan or not, you will love the song.

6. Journey to the Past - Anastasia

Wouldn't be a Jay Silver article without making one reference to Broadway. But this song is a little more special. Being one of the most iconic songs from the hit movie and musical, "Journey to the Past" is one of the most important songs on this list. It is beautiful, well-versed, and a great way to end the first act.

7. Basket Case - Bastille

Bastille makes an appearance once again on this list. Their newest single didn't make mainstream radio, but it's still a great song nonetheless. This song combines the styles from their past two albums and makes a beautiful arrangement. And the lyrics give you an understanding of the mind of an anxious person, which makes the song even more perfect.

8. On An Evening in Roma (Sott'er Celo De Roma) - Michael Bublé

Your childhood may remember "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" and the scene where an Italian song is sung. Well, that song in this Bublé variant will bring you back into nostalgia land. A perfect mix of Italian and English, as well as some mandolin to boot, it's a beautiful song to bring a lust of romance into your musical pallet.

9. Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

Once again, throwing things back to "Guardians of The Galaxy" and eighties' nostalgia, ELO's hit makes it on the list. While you're thinking of dancing Baby Groot, appreciate all the different instruments used, the catchy lyrics, and that epic guitar riff that will break out the air guitars instantly.

10. Pure Imagination - Josh Groban

I end my playlist selection with a classic. Everyone knows "Pure Imagination." From Gene Wilder to Christian Borle, the iconic song has traveled every walk of artistry. And nobody sings it better than Josh Groban. And believe me, this song brings every raw emotion out when listened to

So whether you need a rock song in your life, a classic Broadway or something new, these songs will satisfy every need base, and I hope one of them gets added to your musical library.