Why You Should Play Habitica!

Why You Should Play Habitica!

The great app that connects virtual world to reality to help you.

69
Why You Should Play Habitica!
Habitica

Habitica is a new app that I was just introduced to and now I have a love/hate relationship with. It is a health and wellness app that is so helpful that it is annoying. If you are trying to get your life on track, this is the app you have been waiting for. You can be of any profession, in school, or out, house-wife or CEO, trying to spark creativity or just need reminders to brush your teeth so you stop getting cavities. It is incredibly versatile allowing you to set goals, join challenges, make a to-do list, track habits and daily tasks that are tied into a lovely reward and accountability system.

It is like any good video game that keeps you trapped from not playing. You have to play to get rewards and you have to keep playing or your progress goes down. Just think about all those games you play for hours on Facebook or on your favorite gaming system. Now the problem with health and wellness apps that use this logic usually find a person will either quit or will just check off the real life objectives to advance in a virtual world without actually doing it. This is where Hibitica is both so wonderful and also really annoying.

Habitica keeps you accountable by playing with your party. Your party made of friends or real people you play with keep you accountable because you must go and complete quests. So if you do not check on your goals for the day, you might ruin your parties’ quests or hurt a member of your party! A strong consequence for not doing something in real life like taking care of yourself!

It is an amazing app, which is almost as good as any game app I have ever got stuck playing for months on end. It even as the added bonus of helping you gets your life together! If you like RPG adventure games this is a game for you! As it works a little like a pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragon set up, although there is a little storyline unless you take it upon yourself to write a lot of storyline for your party characters. However, it is a similar genre that is very appealing and motivating as you get to pick the type of character you want to be, warrior, rogue, druid and etc. A variety of character types to help you work within a party as your personality wishes!

Habitica is a wonderful game of consequences! If you chose to play it, you will be doing more that playing virtually. It is a game that bridges reality with gaming so well I believe that I will be playing for years!