10 Signs You've Found Your Platonic Soulmate
popular

As Told by One Tree Hill

66148

There really is nothing in this world like having someone by your side that you can count on through thick and thin. We call countless people our "best friends" in our lifetime, but in reality we all have that one person who has changed our lives in a way no acquaintance, friend, best friend, or significant other can. A platonic soulmate is more than just a best friend, its a person who, even though you're not romantically involved, you're destined to spend the rest of your life with. We spend so much time in our lives looking for our "one true love" that sometimes we forget to focus on the person who really is the perfect match for us. The person that is really everything we need in life and more: our platonic soulmate. How do we know we've found the one person we're meant to have beside us forever?

1. You go through all the phases of a real relationship
It starts with the "stuck up each other's butts OMG you're so perfect" phase, then next thing you know you're together all the time, and eventually you're fighting like a married couple. It's the science of relationships and it's not just reserved for romantics.

2. You may not share a lease, but you practically live together

Your roommates probably know her as the extra roomie, and when she doesn't sleep over it just doesn't feel right. If you two are roommates, you're one of the lucky ones, but if you aren't living together, you're probably spending at least fifty percent of every day together anyway.

3. A house isn't the only thing you share
Closets, thoughts, favorite foods, feelings, and maybe even a crush once in a while, the two of you are definitely on one wavelength when it comes to whats yours and whats hers. As if sharing physical possessions isn't enough, you most likely share a soul too.

4. She knows your late night food order and you know hers
Diet Coke with light ice and a Sprite with light ice? Enough said.

5. She's there to give you the honest truth and to listen
Even though 90% of the time it's probably exactly the opposite of what you wanted to hear, she'l let you know when the "man of your dreams" is really the "boy of your nightmares" and when your outfit is definitely not suitable for the occasion. Of course, for those times when you don't need the truth and you just need someone to listen, she'll be there.

6. You'd rather spend time with each other than anyone else
I mean, don't get me wrong, romances are nice, but nothing really beats a night with your best friend.

7. She'll defend your honor any day
She's not afraid to break a few bones or dump a few bodies if it means that you'll feel better. Your enemies are her enemies and vice versa. She'll always be your BFF in shining (bedazzled) armor.

8. You're comparable to TV best friends
Shes the Brooke to your Peyton, the Annie to your Silver, the Serena to your Blair, and the Rachel to your Monica and you wouldn't have it any other way.

9. People call you lesbians
"You two are basically in love with each other." I mean, they're not totally wrong. You and your platonic soulmate really are in love with each other, just not romantically. There really isn't a closer bond than the one you two have.

10. You're planning your non-lesbian future together
You're planning what your toasts will be at each other's weddings and your kids growing up together, or maybe you're ditching the idea of marriage and just accepting that you'll probably adopt 100 children and dogs together instead. Either way, you know you two are in it for the long haul and the future wouldn't be complete without them by your side.

There really is no bond like the one you two share. The thought of losing her makes you sick to your stomach and you've oriented your entire life around each other. When you have a bond like this, even if bad things happen you know that in the end you'll come back together. Boys, school, jobs, whatever, nothing will ever separate you two for long. So here's to our other halves whom, although it might not be romantic, we love with all of your hearts. Hold on to each other and remember a friendship like this only comes around once in a lifetime. So here's to the Brooke Davis to your Peyton Sawyers, the Serena Vanderwoodsen to your Blair Waldorf, and the Rachel to your Monica. You've found your person, so don't let go.