Planned Parenthood Has Racist Roots, So Why Aren't We Talking About That?

Planned Parenthood opened their doors for the first time nearly 104 years ago to this date. Their founder, Margaret Sanger, gained respect from around the nation and the world for this. What was seen as something good, affordable women's health care, actually has racist roots. It doesn't matter which side you're on when it comes to abortion, this is important for us ALL to talk about. Here's what you need to know.

Planned Parenthood's founder, Margaret Sanger, was apart of the eugenics movement

What is the eugenics movement? It was a movement that aimed at improving the genetic composition of our human race. This means that Margaret Sanger was apart of a movement that wanted to select which people should be alive, and which ones to kill off. If you need further explanation, she was apart of a movement to attempt to control which race should exist and which one shouldn't. If you want to research it, go ahead. Planned Parenthood even acknowledged this in July of this year, and will be stripping her name from being honored as this is an embarrassment for an organization that is supposed to help everyone, not aim to kill off a race or a certain type of person. The saddest thing is she created what is known as the "Negro project" which was meant to weed out Blacks through segregation, sterilization, and abortion.

Planned Parenthood locations are strategically placed in minority neighborhoods

Did you know that for every 5 Planned Parenthood locations, 4 of them are placed in minority neighborhoods? Why is that? Obviously they are able to provide affordable resources like exams and tests for those that may be struggling financially, but if you look at their founder's racism and the abortion services they provide, wouldn't that be at least a LITTLE suspicious? Are they trying to minimize the people that exist in certain races?

Planned Parenthood has performed abortions on over 13 million Black babies in the past 47 years

Did you know that in America, a Black woman is 5 times more likely to have an abortion than a white woman? If you look into the statistics, Planned Parenthood has reported over 13 million abortions performed on babies that would've been born black in the last 47 years. If those babies had been born, that's 13 million amazing and strong Black men and women that could've blessed the earth.

Regardless of your stance on the abortion industry, whether you're pro-life or pro-choice, it is important to understand that a place that is so widely praised and applauded, or so widely hated and discredited, has racist roots. Planned Parenthood has acknowledged this, which is a step in the right direction, but it will never change why it was created in the first place. So why aren't we talking about this more? What can we do to change things? Do we need to defund Planned Parenthood? Protest that their locations be more centralized between the different types of communities? We need to start talking about this.