Places That Are Surprisingly Quiet During Finals

Places On Campus That Are Surprisingly Quiet During Finals

Perfect places to study... or not.

99
https://unsplash.com/photos/SYTO3xs06fU

As finals week begins I have been on the lookout for places to sit and read through countless powerpoint slides and pages of notes. While the list may not be the most exciting places to camp out during finals I hope that you, reader, find it helpful or at least amusing while I try to deal with my stress with humor. So here it goes.

Admissions Building

https://asg-architects.com/portfolio/euo-emory-university-oxford-road-ia/

Early Decision I came out today and high school students are deep into all of their college decisions, making the final edits to their applications, trying to figure out their futures. But this far into December, no one is really taking college tours. No college tours equal no potential students in the admissions building. They have comfy couches and a nice fireplace. Pulling out all the stops for future students, trying to distract everyone from our beautiful blue construction fences that we have everywhere.

Laundry Room

Apparently, everyone is too busy to wash their clothes? I guess that sweatshirt will probably last until finals are over... maybe.

Any of the grad school libraries

upload.wikimedia.org

My favorite thing about grad students is that they keep to themselves and don't talk much. No club libs for me, I need that peace and quiet.

The DUC during the afternoon

https://news.emory.edu/slideshows/_2017/er_ducling/0061903-17KH-F181_MAN_.jpg

Everyone is again, distracted. Running around. Taking exams. Ordering Uber Eats. Making unhealthy diet choices, the usual.

Gym

upload.wikimedia.org

Again, unhealthy decisions. What else can I say. Every time I passed the gym this week it was pretty quiet.

Next to the trashcan at your favorite coffeeshop

c1.staticflickr.com

Have you seen how much coffee just gets tossed into the trashcans? Do I need to say anything more? We get it, you blew your budget and now you need the caffeine. No judgement here.

In your car

c1.staticflickr.com

So you can drive home immediately after of course. If you find yourself with some spare time, I highly suggest going ahead and packing up and living out of your car for the last week of the semester. Everything you need is all right there.

Bed

c1.staticflickr.com

There's nothing more comfortable than your own bed. Just bundle up and hunker down. Of course, you'll probably fall asleep within 10 minutes of "studying" but oh well.